spit happens
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what do you think?
Kinda on the rich side a tad?

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Not at all, not sure how many miles you have but they look pretty clean around the electrode with some fuel buildup on the inside of the insulator. That might be a little to much low rpm running. Do you idle a lot or keep it below 3500 rpm alot?

Otherwise it looks pretty good.

Max

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2000miles.yeah I do hang around lower than 3500rpm.That's what I think why theres build up.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Vinny,

I agree with Max, that plug looks pretty good.

Just a little more info:

If you look down the insulator toward it's base do you see a brown/tan ring? If you do, where is it in relation to the base of the insulator? Also, do you see any sparkle flecks on the insulator?

If you can shoot a picture with the electrode pointing at the camera lens so we can see into the plug we might be able to get more information. Reading a plug is much more than just the tip.

I'll tell you why I'm asking once you answer, I don't want to color your observations ;)

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
To get an accurate plug read you must do a run"1/4 " for example and shut it down right after"using fresh plugs"then pull them and check!Idling and such will foul up any good plug reading.As long as theres no metal specks your fine!:cool:

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tried to get a good picture of the insulator.My camera isn't that good.I'll try again tonite.
Kaz> I didn't see any specks
Specks are Detonation.I don't hear or see it on the plug.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Ya your fine!:cool:

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry didn't get the time to pull plugs again to check.
Kaz sent u a PM

1 - 10 of 10 Posts