Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined this forum in a quest for more info about the V-Rod. I plan to purchase one either around christmas or this summer. I have been working on customizing my 2000 Ford F-150 HD edition truck for the past few years and i have basicly done everything i want to. So its time for a new project. I have never owned a Bike before, but i have always wanted to. And i have loved the Vrod since the first time i saw it. So far these are my plans.

2004 VRSCB Black on Black Harley Davidson V-rod.
-280 Rear tire kit
-Black rims (not sure about the style, or even if i definitely like black)
-Drag bars
-The big boar Engine kit from Wiseco
-Nitrous
-Who knows what else... Thats why i love customizing.
-this is a link to an article about the 280 kit with some pictures. This is kindof what i would like to model my Rod after... with some diffrences of course.
-http://www.hotbikeweb.com/features/0308hb_icicustom/

Some info on my 2000 HD F-150
-lowered stance
-ATI Intercooled and Supercharged
-42Lb injectors
-Custom Superchip
-Custom transmission Valvebody
-Custom stereo system
-Lightning Lights all around
-Bedrug with custom bed lighting

I have never worked on a bike before, but i am up to the challenge and i cant wait to get started. Let me know if you have any thoughts or ideas about my potential Project.

and for more pictures of the 280 V-rod and some other sweet V-Rods and customs from germany go to speed-point.com

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
I like Your Style you should fit right in!:diablo:

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
Hey, I made your link "clickable" so folks wont have to cut and paste! I can't wait to see the before and after pics! Great project! Here is my only problem with the link you gave, (I know you didn't write the thing and don't hold you accountable;) ):

"When the V-Rod was introduced in 2002, it was met with mixed reactions."

I remember the V-rod being introduced in 2001~?:confused:

MIke

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, i havent checed this site lately, but i still have plans to build this kick ass bike, but i dont think i will be able to do it untill after i buy a house this summer. And about that link, they were probably just referring to the first model year being 2002 not that it was actualy introduced in 2002. anyway. hopefully ill be checking this site more often now, and i can continue to plan my project.

-steve

·
Registered
715 Posts
Cool,

I saw a 280 on a V-rod and it was out of this world, let me know how it handles. My bike is in the shop, I have the chrome swing arm and sprocket thing going on invested to much money to change directions mid stream but I'm getting a 200 that will fit the chrome swing arm a nice butt on a V-rod is a show stoper. Good Luck can't wait to see the Pics Bro

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hmmm...not really my style but can certainly see how it would be unique. I do like the headlight though and the sprocket/exposed belt.

Good luck and looking forward to seeing the pics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts