Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

My pipes are getting scratched

925 views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Rich Moran 
#1 ·
Do 16g double barrels ground out too easy or is it just me being used to Jap sports bikes?. Had mine down on our right handed roudabouts a couple of times now. :ride:

#3 ·
I view my ground down pegs and pipes as a 'badge of courage'.
It's just a motorcycle.

There's an old quote that went something like:
"Ships are safer in the harbor... but that's not what ships are for"

#5 ·
I rub mine with the ground all the time, the stratches are on the bottom of the lower pipe and hardly noticable:D

#6 ·
Try turning the shock preset up a notch or 2. I ride fast and hard and rarely scrape the SE Slip Fits. Set to 3 solo, 5 two up. You also don't need to lean as much as your used to on short wheelbase bikes to maintain a hurried pace.

Then again, I live in Florida where a sharp turn is usually into a bar :D

#7 ·
Then again, I live in Florida where a sharp turn is usually into a bar :D[/QUOTE]
:cheers: :rofl: :rofl: :thumb: :thumb: :cheers:

#9 ·
Maybe it's my struts or my Riding style but My Bike lowered with a 240 and TT pies and I Go faster than Most Sport Bike Riders .Never Ground anything but my Boot or my Knee Sliders! :diablo:

#11 ·
Super Kaz said:
Maybe it's my struts or my Riding style but My Bike lowered with a 240 and TT pies and I Go faster than Most Sport Bike Riders .Never Ground anything but my Boot or my Knee Sliders! :diablo:
Maybe it's because you always drive just some 400 yards in a straight line.
Try going zigzag and you will see...

Jan

#12 ·
Jan-Dirk said:
Maybe it's because you always drive just some 400 yards in a straight line.
Try going zigzag and you will see...

Jan
I ride the twisties all the time on my V-rod Not just in a Straight Line Brother!I also know how to ride Sport Bike and think allot of the Scraping is More the rider"Overly Aggressive"then the design of the bike.Sure there are exception but the thing I learned at Freddie's Super Bike School is to be SMOOTH! :kaz:

#14 ·
Scratches hell, I have a dent in my lower exhaust collector thats about 1/2" deep and 4 to 5 inches long. The bottom pipe gets nailed all the time, and on the left side I am always dragging something or another. Not to mention the lower guard when going over speed bumps. The bike is so low, and I see
A. Ness is now selling a lowering kit.

ANybody running one of those kits? I wonder how much drags with the kit.

#16 ·
CW-VRod said:
The Arlen Ness lowering kits sucks Huge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They totally f--k with the angle of the shock and the shock does not work properly. The ride is lowered but it SUCKS!!!!!

Did i mention that they suck???
So How do you Really Feel? :hidesbeh:

#18 ·
CW-VRod said:
The Arlen Ness lowering kits sucks Huge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They totally f--k with the angle of the shock and the shock does not work properly. The ride is lowered but it SUCKS!!!!!

Did i mention that they suck???
Hey CW, do the REALLY SUCK? Cmon', really now!!! :confused:

I can't see how anybody could lower this thing anymore. if thats the case, it could be used for a golf ball sweeper at the driving range. When I saw the info on the Ness kit, I thought if you build it, they will buy it. Theres a sucker borne evey minute.

I guess if you run the pipes in a humongus upsweep, one would not have to worry about draggin them, then, they'd flame their eyebrows!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.