Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some of you are running similar setups. I just thought I would post my version of them.

I used 2 12" Radiantz flexible led kits part number 4000-11. I then picked up a 1 1/2" wide piece of aluminum from Lowe's and bent it to shape to fit just inside my fender and hang down about 1/4" below. This allowed the LED strip to sit nearly flush with the fender. The piece is pretty secure with just the two bolts holding it but just to be sure I am going back in and adding a couple more.

This week I also installed a Rick's tank, Kosman widened wheel with a 240 tire, chrome swingarm, side-mount license plate, 1 1/2" lowered rear shocks, and a progressive fork lowering kit. I still have to V-MOD my exhaust, get it dyno-tuned, install my drag bars, and my new grips and pegs.
 

Attachments

·
Out to Lunch
Joined
·
801 Posts
So they act as your turn signals too?

That's pretty slick! I like how clean everything looks.
 

·
Part-time mod
Joined
·
10,859 Posts
Very cool. Where did you get the LED's?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yajtsa said:
So they act as your turn signals too?

That's pretty slick! I like how clean everything looks.

I have the HD run, stop, turn module installed so they go full bright for brakes, dim for running lights, and blink for my turn signals. If you look at the last two pics it shows the left side running light and the right side is blinking so the first pic is right side off, and second pic is right side full on. Those were taken with the flash on. In person there is much more brightness difference between running light and blinker/brake.

Tim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,084 Posts
Well done. I'm considering using the shorter ones up front and wrapping them around my fork tubes. I've seen it done and think that 3 rows (1") would make decent signals.
 

·
Army spark jockey
Joined
·
3,091 Posts
very nice job, did you have to use a load eq at all?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
powergod said:
very nice job, did you have to use a load eq at all?
Not at all. They blink at the regular rate. I don't know if that is due to the run, stop, turn module or not but they work great.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,801 Posts
Awesome! Great job - you could sell a million of those! First one to me!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Vboz said:
Very nice job!

I suppose I could ask "the dealer" - but it's easier to ask you:)

What is the run, stop, turn module?

It is a module that plugs into your harness at the taillight. It makes the turn signals into run lights, blinkers, and brake lights. The kit also comes with 2 red lenses to change out the amber. It gives more running light and brake light in the rear of your bike for better visibility.

02-06 HD part# 69464-06
07-up HD part# 69580-07
 

·
Dr. Funkenstein
Joined
·
557 Posts
GREAT JOB!! This is a really cool mod. I'll be adding this to my list of things to do this winter, along with the other mods that you just did.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,746 Posts
I have the same module plus the "Back-Off" module which flashes your brake lights 5 times everytime you hit the front or rear brake. Its a little extra security at stop lights. SawDog has something similar to what you have, but yours are definitely brighter. Nice touch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I put about 100 miles on the bike today after I got most of it back together. I still have to install my new pegs, grips, and bars but that might have to wait until next vacation. I am enjoying riding too much right now to do anymore work. The light setup is working great. I went back in and put a couple of rivets on either side just to keep the aluminum from moving around. I had a buddy of mine ride behind me and he says the lights are exremely bright, way brighter than the stock turns and even brighter than the stock tail light. I guess now I need the LED taillight to complete the look. Thanks for all the compliments guys. It really was an easy job, probably one of the easiest mods I did.
 

·
Official bike nut
Joined
·
1,099 Posts
65Ch3v3LL3 said:
Well I put about 100 miles on the bike today after I got most of it back together. I still have to install my new pegs, grips, and bars but that might have to wait until next vacation. I am enjoying riding too much right now to do anymore work. The light setup is working great. I went back in and put a couple of rivets on either side just to keep the aluminum from moving around. I had a buddy of mine ride behind me and he says the lights are exremely bright, way brighter than the stock turns and even brighter than the stock tail light. I guess now I need the LED taillight to complete the look. Thanks for all the compliments guys. It really was an easy job, probably one of the easiest mods I did.


65:
I saw something similar on a Victory Hammer near me on Staten Island. I was totally smitten with this setup. The salesman at the Victory place told me they charge $500 for this setup, but would throw it in for "FREE" if I bought a bike right then and there. (Hammer's start at about 20k, ahhh, yeah, right) Seriously, I love this look on your bike, would you mind giving us a complete parts list and a step by step? I am definitely hoping to do something like this on the rear of my bike, you listening VRod-Mike? lol.
 

·
Dark Knight
Joined
·
1,505 Posts
Looks fantastic 65. I'm hoping to put a 07D fender on my 07DX. I would like to do the same light setup, but also add a plate mount as well. Don't want to use a side mount. Again, it looks awesome.
 
1 - 20 of 76 Posts
Top