Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, in the last few weeks I went ahead with the crash bars so I could install highway pegs. I copied this idea from another members post about 2 years ago, so i cant take credit...but I love the setup either way. I've never posted pictures of my bike, so I am including them as well...the bike is pretty much in stock form with Drilled exhaust, Highway peg setup and lowered. The rear shocks were on the bike when I bought it and I'm not sure what brand they are...maybe someone could help?? Thanks...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
That looks good lowered that much, but I would be very careful of the swing arm hitting the gas tank. This is a problem only on the Street Rod. Search here for more info. Also . . nice highway peg setup

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That looks good lowered that much, but I would be very careful of the swing arm hitting the gas tank. This is a problem only on the Street Rod. Search here for more info. Also . . nice highway peg setup
I bought it lowered this much, and have not noticed the swingarm hitting the gas tank...nor was I aware of the problem...Ill have to make sure its not too close to doing so...if it were to hit the tank, I should feel it right??

·
Registered
99 Posts
So, in the last few weeks I went ahead with the crash bars so I could install highway pegs. I copied this idea from another members post about 2 years ago, so i cant take credit...but I love the setup either way. I've never posted pictures of my bike, so I am including them as well...the bike is pretty much in stock form with Drilled exhaust, Highway peg setup and lowered. The rear shocks were on the bike when I bought it and I'm not sure what brand they are...maybe someone could help?? Thanks...
Nice pegs BigBilly! Who makes them?
Also, it looks like they are mounted on the crash bar only a few inches away from the down tubes. Could you clamp them directly to the downtube and not have to have buy/install the crash bar? If not, what would prevent a person from doing so?
Thanks dude!

·
Blowin' Smoke
2,647 Posts
Those rear shocks are the stock 13 inchers from an A, B, or whatever other model that's not a street rod.

You would probably not feel your tire or swingarm hitting the fuel tank because it's plastic and there's a lot of momentum involved. Look for bruises and rub marks.

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
ouch

. Look for bruises and rub marks.[/QUOTE]

Vrod abuse

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Nice pegs BigBilly! Who makes them?
Also, it looks like they are mounted on the crash bar only a few inches away from the down tubes. Could you clamp them directly to the downtube and not have to have buy/install the crash bar? If not, what would prevent a person from doing so?
Thanks dude!
You can get Magnum clamps from J&P Cycles and put them on the down tubes. 1 1/2''

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Ive got some other stock shocks, and im going to try putting them on and playing with lowering the R.
That R looks good, I like it..

·
Registered
534 Posts
Hey guys, just an FYI, you can install highway pegs without the engine gaurds. Go to Kuryakyn and get the Longhorn Offset Dually Highway Pegs with 1 1/2" Magnum Quick Clamps(item number 4574). Takes a little bit of patience and slight prying, but clamps can be put on without taking everything apart. Then the rest is tightening and adjusting!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Added FYI, I did hit the radiator fins slightly and knocked them in from being perfectly straight, but it doesn't seem to affect cooling at all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts