Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm tired of my head being pulled off my neck and having neck cramps when riding more than 30 minutes....

So I bought a full face helmet... sorry it doesnt lend itself to the traditional "Harley Image", but I like it.

Whatdya think?

Its the KBC Force RR helmet... $203 delivered from helmetcity.com, sure beats paying $500 bucks for a Shoei or Arai with similar quality graphics.

Besides, naked chick on your helmet? Tell me that wont get some looks :)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And my new jacket

·
Wore Out Woodworker
1,620 Posts
Very nice. I just bought the Shoei. I wonder if I can take it back? Hmmmmmm..... Dragons or naked chick............................... O.K. I'll take it back.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seriously... Shoei makes a great helmet, but I've already spent soooooo much money on mods, I think the KBC helmet is just as good looking as any Shoei or Arai helmet graphics out there...

Hence, my decision :)

$203 bucks? That's a great price on a great helmet...

Hey, that Joe Rocket jacket, I got for $161 bucks delivered from http://www.tonker.com... Tonker was the cheapest price I could find on the net for Joe Rocket gear.

·
Kicking cancer's ass
969 Posts
She's facing the wrong direction. She should be arching into the wind. Silly painters/decal makers.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Very nice helmet, looks like an old airplane style painting!

·
LOS ANGELES
1,757 Posts
it's public nudity. you'll get a ticket for that.. no, i think it's a great price.

·
Slave to my DX
75 Posts
Vrod-Mike said:
That's a great looking helmet, but the colors don't match up with the DX's dark theme. IMHO
I agree, i was looking for a color matched helmet for my DX.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You'll probably find its cheaper because its not snell ? (think thats the word) approved , which is race aproved which most shoey's and arai helmets are . I could be wrong though :)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
# Type: Performance Street Helmet
# Available as "RR" version with Hi-Flow Racing Ventilation System (HFRVS)
# Available as Standard (S) version (see next page)
# New Ultra-Quick Removal shield mechanism
# New 2.2mm "OPCC", scratch resistant shield
# Hi-impact, Solvent-resistant, Alloy PC shell
# Reduced overall shell dimensions
# New "RIB" shield sealing technique
# Totally new fitment platform for ultimate wearer comfort
# Totally new internal comfort lining design for comfort and noise reduction
# Totally new micro-fiber developed especially to wick away moisture while riding
# Interior is totally removable and quickly replaceable
# New controllable air ventilation and cooling system
# Meets or exceeds Snell and D.O.T. standards
----------------------------------

For those of you wanting something "matching".... here's some more KBC helmets from helmetcity.com:

·
Registered
375 Posts
so it meets or exceeds the standards set by DOT and Snell, but it isn't certified by Snell. that's why it's less expensive. it costs a bit of money to certify the helmet.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Hey Mark,

I like the helmet. In keeping with the theme, paint a skull and cross bones on that girl's hip. Denim Black of course...

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Mark Ducati said:
I'm tired of my head being pulled off my neck and having neck cramps when riding more than 30 minutes....

So I bought a full face helmet... sorry it doesnt lend itself to the traditional "Harley Image", but I like it.

Whatdya think?

Its the KBC Force RR helmet... $203 delivered from helmetcity.com, sure beats paying $500 bucks for a Shoei or Arai with similar quality graphics.

Besides, naked chick on your helmet? Tell me that wont get some looks :)
I Just ordered my 2 new racing helmet's from them 5 minutes ago:notworth: !
Kyle seemed like a good rep as he took good care of me:thumb: .Should have them by Friday as Simpson will be making them up Custom for me at the Texas plant:kaz:

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
NightRoder,

Good idea on the skull and cross bones... I can use the fine tip of a Sharpie permanent marker.

As for Snell certification.... you're absolutely right that certification costs bookoo bucks!

I'm a dentist, there a plenty of tooth pastes out there that dont have the ADA seal of approval that are great tooth pastes... the reason they dont have the ADA's blessing, is because clinical trials cost too much money! That is, just because a toothpaste has fluoride in it, doesnt mean the fluoride protects your teeth... the binders/filler ingredients used in some toothpastes sometimes make the fluoride molecule too big to be incorporated into the enamel, hence its useless.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Anyay, all black on the DX... I deliberately wanted to mix it up a bit with a more ostentacious helmet and jacket :) C'mon, I've already got a huge 2lb torpedo on the right side! Bombs Awaaaaaaaaay! hahahahaha.

Kaz, did you get the Airborne Helmet same as me? Copy Cat! hahahha... I cant wait to get it. I'm glad it comes with the smoked lense.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts