Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I wanted to post a couple of pics of my new bags. I looked for a long time and I wanted a set I could put on and take off with no problems.
I found these at JC Whitney for 69.99 Yep thats right! :moon:

They fit the rod like a glove and are awsome too boot.

Tell me what you think ...?

Attachments

·
Movin' on....
5,297 Posts
Looks great! Just make sure the bags are not rubbing on your fender - you can take it from me!:rolleyes:

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
Bagger

Suggestion on protecting your rear azz skin:Get that perforated rubbery material that grocery stores place on veggie shelves and line the fender side as anti-scratch material.
BTW:I'm not a bagger type of rider and don't like appendages hangin' out.Glad your happy:D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These bags have neoprene on the area where they make contact with the paint.... They are great bags with a silicone impregnated underside to shield from muffler heat also...:angeldev:

·
1130cc is enuff 4 me
2,426 Posts
Hey guys, I wanted to post a couple of pics of my new bags. I looked for a long time and I wanted a set I could put on and take off with no problems.
I found these at JC Whitney for 69.99 Yep thats right! :moon:

They fit the rod like a glove and are awsome too boot.

Tell me what you think ...?
man I gotta say, those look perfect. I've been looking for something like this since I bought my bike last year. Any additional info on how I can get a hold of these same bags... part #'s etc

any help is much appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here are the details. Just head over to the JC whitney site. and check them out.

SPORT BIKE SADDLEBAGS
Customer Rating: Read 5 Reviews SKU Number: 1JA 267475 Manufacturer Number: 50105-00

They have free shipping on any order through tommorow.
Put in "hotdeal" in the promo code to get the free shipping brother..:moped:

·
1130cc is enuff 4 me
2,426 Posts
Thank-You Very Much!!!!

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
Are the bags aerodynamic or does the anterior catch wind?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The bags catch very little wind they are teardrop shaped and not as big as many I have seen on rods. Another good point to ponder: If you were having a problem with wind, you can just turn them around so that the more pointed end faces forward. They look good that way too...Getchy some

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
Chase Harper

The bags catch very little wind they are teardrop shaped and not as big as many I have seen on rods. Another good point to ponder: If you were having a problem with wind, you can just turn them around so that the more pointed end faces forward. They look good that way too...Getchy some
Your bags look very LARGE. I've not accessed JC Witney...what are the dimensions or volume for those interested.
Actually forum member "MY-VRSCDX" has sharper bags by Chase Harper. He also reversed the bags for better aerodynamic capabilities. He also stiffened bags with aluminum in inner wall sleeves and has integrated release detachment system.
I've got a pair of Chase Harper's at my vrod workshop hangin' around.
I'm not meant to be a bagger dude. However I'm fabricating a right sided slim Solobag @ gas tank location.

·
Movin' on....
5,297 Posts
These bags have neoprene on the area where they make contact with the paint.... They are great bags with a silicone impregnated underside to shield from muffler heat also...:angeldev:
Not arguing - my Kuryakyn bags have the same neoprene in those areas and it still managed to make rub marks on my paint. Just looking out for you so you have the same heart attack I did when I pulled the bags off. :) I use the Rubbermaid shelf liner that was mentioned in the above post. works great.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep I'm going to put some shelf liner on the fender for sure.

The dementions of the bag are...16" front to back X 10" tall X 7 deep

1 - 12 of 12 Posts