Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riding ant night on my way home, suddenly during a steep uphill, when i transfer down to second, my left front pedal, tilts downward, and FALLs off.
Bummer.
I had not riden the bike for two weeks.
I could not find the pedal, i returned to look for it in my car.
What an unpleasant surprise. Wow the bike falls apart.
From now on I check all possible nuts and bolts, and I'm seriously thinking of selling it.

·
Sleep is over-rated
2,423 Posts
thats awesome

1 thing falls off and your ready to sell it.

like this could not have happened on ANY OTHER BIKE.

·
Ride safe!
680 Posts
Riding ant night on my way home, suddenly during a steep uphill, when i transfer down to second, my left front pedal, tilts downward, and FALLs off.
Bummer.
I had not riden the bike for two weeks.
I could not find the pedal, i returned to look for it in my car.
What an unpleasant surprise. Wow the bike falls apart.
From now on I check all possible nuts and bolts, and I'm seriously thinking of selling it.
Did you buy new, or could the original owner switched pegs before sale and maybe didnt worry about putting the snap ring back on because its a PITA?

·
Registered
60 Posts
that is the new hill assist feature on your bike. When you go up steep hill, parts start falling off the bike to decrease weight and increase acceleration. LOL

You probably were thinking about selling the bike and just using this event as a excuse.

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Glad you are OK. Of course, check all the hardware! Things get loose, and fall off. One reason we wash them by hand, to see if anything has vibrated loose, or broke, rusted, leaked, corroded, etc... Yes, HD has been making riders into mechanics for quite a while, but it beats having bits fall off.............!

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
that is the new hill assist feature on your bike. When you go up steep hill, parts start falling off the bike to decrease weight and increase acceleration. LOL.
:spit:
loc-tite is your friend

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
sounds like it was already loose (common on ALL motos) and finally jumped off.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The short pedal attached to the shifter linkage is there.
I did change the original pedals, at the dealer.
I love the bike. I am not using this event as an excuse to Sell it.
But it is bothersome. HAve had other bikes and this is my first time A PEDAL FALLS OFF.
Still think this is the best looking Bike I have owned.

·
Ride safe!
680 Posts
The short pedal attached to the shifter linkage is there.
I did change the original pedals, at the dealer.
I love the bike. I am not using this event as an excuse to Sell it.
But it is bothersome. HAve had other bikes and this is my first time A PEDAL FALLS OFF.
Still think this is the best looking Bike I have owned.
It is the peg then. Check the other side and see if the snap ring is there. Sounds like the dealer reused the snap ring, which is ok most of the time but they can get damaged upon removing sometimes by being stretched out. If the dealer installed them, I would go back and get them to replace the peg for sure. good luck

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
:spit:
loc-tite is your friend
You beat me to it.

My shifter peg went bye bye a couple of years ago. Everything's locktited now and I give quite a few bolts a snug check every few months. Your exhaust flange nuts will be next, better go check them.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
and those phuq'n heatshield screws! Fark'n HD wants like 2 bucks a screw for those damn things and they don't come with loctite from the factory. I only lost one and that was proof enough for me to load up on loctite

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
and those phuq'n heatshield screws! Fark'n HD wants like 2 bucks a screw for those damn things and they don't come with loctite from the factory. I only lost one and that was proof enough for me to load up on loctite
I lost 3, about 3 years ago. I loctite'd them all, and haven't lost one since!:notworth:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts