Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Personal Fabricator
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just showing off this weekends upgrades and tweaks, running out of original upgrades without breaking the bank, also check out the bullet bolt covers on the engine

Attachments

·
The Young One...
2,585 Posts
Like the idea with the louvers but if the rivit sheet would follow more lines of the airbox would be better

·
Personal Fabricator
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree, I searched high and low and this was as close as I could come for $100 and it was pretty damn close in the planning mounting process, but once I bolted it down (instead of rivets for easy removal) the aluminum stretched more than I expected. Cutting the huge holes in the pristine airbox wasnt the easiest thing to do however you can really hear the roar, Im really digging it.

·
Bladerunner
1,948 Posts
Bad ass. What rear signal relocation brackets are those?

·
Personal Fabricator
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ekorpets, two reasons, it was dulling the powder coating on my swingarm (really no big deal) but I also noticed my arnotts were getting real hot on long rides and I did not want to fry my airshocks. Im real happy with the big rigs although they dont have the same curb appeal the sound is just as awesome

·
Personal Fabricator
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
T-rod no brackets just chopped right into the covers on the front and the frame in the rear, in the front I had to swap the mounts around a bit but it worked out pretty sweet and iv never seen anyone like them

·
Black Beauty
492 Posts
Like it... kinda got a bobber look going on.

·
Chad
263 Posts
Kinda got the "Mad Max" thing goin on. I like the upper fork covers and are those heat shields from Toxic? Looks like you put alot of work into it with nice results!

·
MSF Ridercoach
276 Posts
T-rod no brackets just chopped right into the covers on the front and the frame in the rear, in the front I had to swap the mounts around a bit but it worked out pretty sweet and iv never seen anyone like them
I like the look you got going on.

And too am interested in some more pics of how you got those signals mounted. I like the placement alot.

And that rear fender.

·
Personal Fabricator
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I REALLY REALLY appreciate all the positive feedback, especially after a "shunned" visit to a local HD dealer last weekend (only vrod in the parking lot or on the showroom floor, thanks for the support "factory")
In the parking lot probably 30 geezer glides a few sportys and a couple factory fiberglass 3 wheelers. 99% of the attention was on the crappy plastic 3 wheelers. The only thing custom on any of the bikes was made by karayakan.
Hardly an original part or position left on my bike, 120hp, 250 tire, bicycle pedals pegs, blacked out not a silver bolt exposed, slammed, a roar you can hear from the space shuttle, F'n sex on wheels and you would have thought I had parked a 1987 vespa in the lot.
Now when I fired it up to leave all heads turned so I left a little smoke and rubber behind to show them what the future could be....if only they could open up there minds

Ill post some new pics this weekend till then thanks for the nods Brothers

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,318 Posts
I like the look - just wish the louvers were stamped right into the airbox instead of a riveted plate..

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
This is all I could find but there are better pics floating around of this lid and a lid that was "stamped" with louvers on the sides and top - way cool!!

Attachments

·
Personal Fabricator
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
this winter Im planning on cutting the box up and tig welding the louvers from the inside,hoping not to distort the box much
oh and I used black allenhead bolts instead of rivets, thought it looked tricker than shiny silver rivets and it makes removal a whole lot easier than drilling out rivets

·
Bladerunner
1,948 Posts
I like the look you got going on.

And too am interested in some more pics of how you got those signals mounted. I like the placement alot.

And that rear fender.
They are mounted exactly where the MegaZ shock mount brackets put them. The mounts require a longer bolt on one side or something like that...

·
Vic Jacoby
1,458 Posts
I like it! Unique and mean looking.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts