Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend bought a VRSCX in March for $21,000. He put $0 down and financed the whole thing. He purchased GAP insurance at the time of the sale since he was financing the whole thing. Well the lucky bastard won $112,000 in the state lotto and payed off the FULL remaining balance of his bike.

He wants to know if he can cancel the GAP insurance and get some kind of a refund???

·
Registered
964 Posts
Not being a lender I dont know for sure but everything I have ever been involved with regards to finance and insurance is so regulated that I suspect if he just calls his lender or insurance company he will get a honest answer.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
If he just won $112,000 who gives a $hit about a refund? Go have some fun on that CX and leave the worrying about money to the pesents. By the way will he lend me a couple G?rand

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
I'm pretty sure he can get a refund on the unused portion of the insurance. In other words they will charge him for the time used but I think he can get a refund on the remainder of the policy. I'm sure there are also cost involved so that will eat up some of the money but still it should be worth it.

·
Billy
509 Posts
Max said:
I'm pretty sure he can get a refund on the unused portion of the insurance. In other words they will charge him for the time used but I think he can get a refund on the remainder of the policy. I'm sure there are also cost involved so that will eat up some of the money but still it should be worth it.
:them:

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool I hope he just gives the money to me!!

·
Premium Member
2,724 Posts
he should be able to get most of it back. They prorate it. I sell gap for cars

·
Registered
337 Posts
i did the same things with my car(minus the winnings) and you get a refund back

·
Cliff
423 Posts
Did he get the gap coverage from the finance company or the insurace compnay? If it was the finance company and he paid off the note the gap coverage is over as well, if it is through the insurance company he can cancel the coverage as it is an endorsement.

·
Registered
512 Posts
hd-v-rodder said:
If he just won $112,000 who gives a $hit about a refund? Go have some fun on that CX and leave the worrying about money to the pesents. By the way will he lend me a couple G?rand
:them:

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
When I canxed my ESP and gap, they just took it off my total financed amount. Since he paid off his loan, I'm guessing that they will just cut him a check with the pro-rated amount like everyone else said.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Congrats to your friend. I don't think there is anyone out there who couldn't use an extra $112,000.

Hummmm, I can see the online orders in the making! LOL

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
He is already talking about getting a couple bikes!

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice thing is he is not 80 or older...lately I have seen many older folks like that winning

·
Bike is for sale!
5,075 Posts
Congrats to your freind...I never win

·
myvrodrocks
6,021 Posts
Who buys GAP with a Harley?!?! :banghead:

GAP is to cover the diff between value and payoff. When would a Harley value be less than payoff?

·
anodized antnee
813 Posts
tell him to pull the horseshoe out of his ass and send it my way!!! (wash it off first!!) i never win anything!!! i'm so jealous!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts