Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just don't like to be like everyone else. So I had to mod. my bike. I've done a lot of small-scaled mods. A painter and I worked to customize my airbox. He took off the old skin and painted it black so I had a blank canvas to work with. I kind-of got a little carried away with the design; however, I don't care (it's different and that's what I want).

Also, the painter had trouble putting the clear coats on (a few bumps); however, we now know that working with metallic decals can be very non-forgiving. Oh well, practice makes perfect.

·
Banned
6,735 Posts
I'm diggin it! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. My razor didn't do a good job taking the pictures. Like I said, there are mistakes.

Thanks Pondo for posting the pictures. I got busy with taking care of my kids before I got to try again to post them.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
did you do any of the other tins besides the airbox? If so, pictures of those would be cool too.
I've only done some temporary stuff. Like a skull on the front fender facing me and a flame/flag on the lowers and on the rear fender. I'm thinking of a different process to get better results; however, it will be a while before I try because I just don't have the money right now.

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Cool!

·
Bike snob
756 Posts
very nice. cool skull, too.

·
Gotta Blast!
3,389 Posts
HDconvert said:
Now all you need is a bada$$ horn cover to go with those new tins.
Whoah! Now that is sweet! How did you do it and will you make me one??? :notworth:

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
HDconvert I've been looking at skull horn covers; however, haven't found one that I'm in love with. I do like your horn cover. I'm with roxxley-rockets.
How did you do it and will you make me one???

·
Registered
251 Posts
I had the horn cover done by Ozzy Customs. I just sent them a blank chrome cover (got one off ebay for $10) and pretty much just said put a bada$$ skull on it for me. That was what they came back with (pretty sure the actual painter was Josh if my memory serves me) for under $100. No sense in buying HD's "custom" skull cover for $130 when you can get a true custom one done for less and with better craftsmanship. Yeah, highly recommend Ozzy Customs.

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
Ozzy's is out of business and his name was Sean. Josh is from J-E Illusions.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yeah! Sean. That was it. I kept wracking my brain trying to remember his name. Shoot! I'm sorry to hear Ozzy went out of business as he did great work for me. In any case, I'm sure Josh over at JE can do something just a sweet for you folks who want custom horn covers. Send along a pic of my horn cover as a reference if you like. Sorry Jensvrod for hijacking this thread a bit. Can't wait to see what you put on your bike next. Keep up the nice work!

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the info HDconvert.

I'm slow on working on my bike because I like to think about it for a while and due to low-on-the-dough (but I love what I do and I wouldn't have it any other way).

However, I think I'm going to go your route with the horn cover. I know a painter or I may just try to do it myself.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Excellent! Post pics up when you get them. Horn covers seem to be one thing folks overlook when they mod their bikes for some reason. In my opinion, it is the little details like the horn cover which make all the difference.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts