Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
So glad I found this thread. Think I'm going to try the China brand and roll the dice on that. At that price, if it's a bust I'll go and get the one that's in the $200 range.

Way better than forking out all that $$$ for JW Speaker!!
So far so good on my "knock off" one from Aliexpress. Great lighting at night, and is more visible in the day. Only had it about a month, but if any problems arise ill let you guys know.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I wish I would have known about this light, before I spent close to $200 on a brand new stock style chrome housing replacement headlight, that I was going to fit LED bulbs in.

After seeing this thread, I also ordered the light from Ali for under $135 shipped DHL express, ordered last Wednesday, will be here tomorrow.

Anyone need a Stock Style Chrome Housing Replacement headlight assy, with standard bulbs and bulb pigtails, all new. P.M. me.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Well the package arrived early this afternoon, install went fairly smooth had to swap wires in the plug (without the extensions) just make sure the the black wires from the LED Headlight goes to the black wires in the factory harness. The light output and pattern is awesome. I love the visibility safety factor as well.

What really made me want to go to the daymaker style headlight was the local Motorcycle Officers have them equipped on Police bikes for a few years now, and really noticed how much they stood out in daytime traffic just from the headlights.

To some of us $50 is a big deal, let alone $150. That why I went with the Aliexpress one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey Gents, I ordered a set from Nathan because I don't trust chinese stuff, but -- can anyone confirm it's not the SAME quality with half the pricetag. I mean, I'm financially stable but you can do a whole lot of things with $150. (see: Many whiskey bottles). Or a nice Italian leather left side bag. :hidesbeh:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Well to really confirm that, someone with the Hoglight version and someone with the China version would have to take the light apart and look at part numbers and see what kind of components were used. From what I can tell from the pictures posted here. They both look the same from every angle. Even down to the wires being swapped from both China and Hoglights. Some of the people here have said the feel as though the China one has a good build quality to it. So it may comes down to the LED component on whether it lasts or not. Just my two cents worth.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Do you really think that some mom and pop store in Australia has R&D and Fabrication capabilities for an LED headlight? I'll bet dollars to donuts it's the exact same light.

The manufacturer on Ali is Yongjin, you can buy the light from them directly as I did and as I'm sure, Hoglights does as well.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Yeah what DJ said. But you will notice that the Hoglights has a way better warranty. With the chinese version you would spend more money in shipping a warranty item back and getting a replacement than buying the light directly. You would also be without a headlight for a long time. You could just buy another one but again buying a local light would get to you quicker.

-Keith

·
Registered
514 Posts
***EDIT***

I found some washers included in the box..i should PROBABLY try those :)

Anyone with Hoglights have issues tightening the thing fully?

I used the supplied allen screws and even tightened all the way, the light is still wobbly as hell.

I have an email in to Nate @ Hoglights...he's always good to respond. Just wondering if anyone else had the same issue.

Thx!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I had that happen when I got mine a little over a year ago. I had to put one of those Lock Spring or Star Washer in where I bolt on. I can't remember if I just did one side or both. After that, it worked just fine. Haven't had any issues with it since I installed it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Go with the China one. eBay has some sellers with us stock. I bought a pathfinder brand light last year and my dealer shorted it out when they reversed the wires. Bought a replacement one on eBay for 1/2 the price and side by side it is the exact same headlamp.

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
I went with a 7" LED Black Daymaker, spread the stock "candle in the wind, vagina shaped headlight " bracket and bolted it up with new bushings, longer bolts and star washers - works great, simple wiring, no ballast, no problem for over a year. Love it.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I had that happen when I got mine a little over a year ago. I had to put one of those Lock Spring or Star Washer in where I bolt on. I can't remember if I just did one side or both. After that, it worked just fine. Haven't had any issues with it since I installed it.
Well, shit. Got those stupid washers in, but it's still VERY easy to tilt the light...it's def gonna move when I hit some bumps.

Thoughts?

Looks good tho!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
I went with a 7" LED Black Daymaker, spread the stock "candle in the wind, vagina shaped headlight " bracket and bolted it up with new bushings, longer bolts and star washers - works great, simple wiring, no ballast, no problem for over a year. Love it.
Share a few pics?
Thanks!

81 - 100 of 100 Posts