Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
You are right in the fact that it does look the same as the Hoglights unit. I e-mailed Nate over at Hoglights and told him to check out the conversation we're having here on 1130.com. He said that he would check it out. Does the Chinese light have the DOT SAE 9 printed on the bottom of the front lens? Thanks.
yes it has the DOT SAE9 in the lens on the bottom and I told Nathan I ordered one from aliexpress because I waited 1.5 month and he was ok with it..I had my money back and they sended him the headlight back from customs..
I'm not promoting it,you were the one who asked for it

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yes they have. And even the wrong wiring just as the one from Australia

You are right in the fact that it does look the same as the Hoglights unit. I e-mailed Nate over at Hoglights and told him to check out the conversation we're having here on 1130.com. He said that he would check it out. Does the Chinese light have the DOT SAE 9 printed on the bottom of the front lens? Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ordered a Hog Light from Nathan over the weekend. Anyone have any idea what the shipping time to the States usually is? My bike has become a daily rider to work and my morning trip is a solid half hour of darkness. This stock light isn't cutting it

·
Registered
7 Posts
When Nate shipped mine via DHL, it was 5 days from Australia to my door in Cincinnati, OH. Of course Greater Cincinnati Airport is a DHL hub, so maybe mine took less time than others?

·
Registered
1 Posts
yes it has the DOT SAE9 in the lens on the bottom and I told Nathan I ordered one from aliexpress because I waited 1.5 month and he was ok with it..I had my money back and they sended him the headlight back from customs..
I'm not promoting it,you were the one who asked for it
they are all produced in China, do you know how much they are sold in bulk? 75 usd a piece, i just checked with the factory, but you have to order more than 50. That why some local dealer can afford refund you after it lost. And China can produce really good quality stuff, big boys in lighting industry like Philips just throw some specs to factory in China and let them do everything, from design to manufacture, philips just put their logo on it and get 20% profit..

·
Registered
66 Posts
how much is the shipping typically on the hoglight?

I went to order one and it came up with over $80 shipping to Pennsylvania does that sound right?

·
Registered
7 Posts
My total charge for the Hoglight shipped to my door, came to $293.37U.S. funds, on my credit card statement. Keep in mind that there is a foreign currency exchange difference which makes everything appear higher.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My total charge for the Hoglight shipped to my door, came to $293.37U.S. funds, on my credit card statement. Keep in mind that there is a foreign currency exchange difference which makes everything appear higher.

i was trying to pay with paypal and was saying $350, but you are right my bad that was before exchange rate

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just received my hoglight from Nate. Got everything connected properly, and didn't run into the issue freudie1 ran into (my grounds line up with the connections just fine) however it seems my highbeam switch is now reversed. On is off and off is on. I know there's a simple fix to this somehow but fearing I might ruin the light by switching wires, does anyone know what the fix is?

edit- disregard.. I incorrectly labeled my hi/low beam wires on the bike. It's already been a long day and I need a beer ..or 12

The good thing is, this is already 100 times better than the stock light and it's the middle of the day. Can't wait to try it out after sundown.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I ordered one for a friend after he saw mine,3 year warranty but I don't care..If it's broken I'll buy a new one..look at the pictures,do you see any difference?
I read where you said it comes with a 3 year warranty. I went to the site to check it out. I see where it says it comes with a 3 month warranty from delivery date. Maybe on the paper work you received it says 3 years?

·
Registered
73 Posts
@Tech, I see on your store it lists a 2 year warranty under Item Specifics. but down below under Warranty&Returns, just like on Thunderdemon's link it says 3 month warranty. Also on Thunderdemon's link, it does not even list the 2 year warranty under Item Specifics. I wonder what that's all about.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
So glad I found this thread. Think I'm going to try the China brand and roll the dice on that. At that price, if it's a bust I'll go and get the one that's in the $200 range.

Way better than forking out all that $$$ for JW Speaker!!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
The JW is expensive but it is the best. By far. Like comparing a street 750 to a vrod. If you really hit the corners at night or even just ride a lot at night in dark areas, the JW is the best you can get. Most people who never had a daymaker don't realize the difference in cornering when you have a cutoff like the daymakers have. I really like the eagle lights for the price/performance point and they start at $300 with my bracket.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The JW is expensive but it is the best. By far. Like comparing a street 750 to a vrod. If you really hit the corners at night or even just ride a lot at night in dark areas, the JW is the best you can get. Most people who never had a daymaker don't realize the difference in cornering when you have a cutoff like the daymakers have. I really like the eagle lights for the price/performance point and they start at $300 with my bracket.
I had JW's on my Jeep and definitely know the level of quality as far as a brand as a whole goes. I ditched them for a custom HID setup on the Jeep however b/c the LEDs simply didn't get warm/hot enough in the winter to prevent ice buildup when bad weather happened.

At this point I don't do a ton of night riding, and definitely don't see myself carving up the corners at night anytime soon, so I don't think splurging for the JW's makes esnse, especially since I have a lot of other spendy mods that I want to do ASAP (exhaust, tuner, etc.)

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Yeah if you don't ride a ton a night it doesn't make much sense. I put the Eagle halo on my bike and love it and it is less than half the price.

-Keith

61 - 80 of 100 Posts