Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!!

I've been reading the forums for a while now, quietly waiting for the day when I can officially add my two cents about how wonderful the DX is. Well finally I have my '07 denim and I'm loving it. I got to put in 500 miles the second day I owned it, driving halfway across AK in beautiful 75 degree weather. What a way to "break it in"!!

Looking forward to chatin with you all about ways to slowly (or quickly!) go broke. :broke:

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Congrats brother!!!!

·
On the dark side
174 Posts
Congrats! And welcome to one of the last 07s!!!

Ride safe!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The worst part about the 500 mile drive home (in Fairbanks) from the dealer (in Soldotna) was the road construction about 100 miles into it. Got the bike filthy!! Nothing a little time detailing couldn't take care of.

Attachments

·
Wore Out Woodworker
1,620 Posts
Congrats on that new bike. Now go clean it.:stilpoke:

·
Registered
107 Posts
What the hell did you fly thru, a flock of seaguls? :hitfan:
:welcome:
AK - where did you get the helmet? It looks comfortable and has a unique style for a sheilded helmet.

·
Kicking cancer's ass
969 Posts
spanman said:
What the hell did you fly thru, a flock of seaguls?

:hidesbeh:

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
322 Posts
With that vest, it looks like YOU were the one doing the road construction! :laugh:

Congrats and :welcome:

·
insane vrod posse...
2,018 Posts
akcds said:
Hi all!!

I've been reading the forums for a while now, quietly waiting for the day when I can officially add my two cents about how wonderful the DX is. Well finally I have my '07 denim and I'm loving it. I got to put in 500 miles the second day I owned it, driving halfway across AK in beautiful 75 degree weather. What a way to "break it in"!!

Looking forward to chatin with you all about ways to slowly (or quickly!) go broke. :broke:

CONGRATS MAN...ENJOY... :D

·
Back in Black
212 Posts
Welcome mate. Good to see you've got the same stupid grin on your face as the rest of us.

·
#1 Red Wings Fan
138 Posts
Welcome....... It's a great bike. Just did my 1st post ride after putting Thunderheaders, SERT and SE Air filter..... This bike is awesome......

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the warm welcomes...

spanman/DFinch - No, there were no seaguls (the band or otherwise) involved in the soiling of the bike. Oh and the helmet is from AK Leather in Anchorage. It is a Scorpion EXO 200 helmet. It is very comfortable, though I need to get the dark smoked face shield to go with the menacing look of the bike.

Dirty Chris - I figured someone would have to make a comment about the vest :D On long rides like that I figure why not make it back in one piece. I must admit that while I'm not a construction worker, yes I did get the vest from work.

nightroddrew - Yeah I bought a stupid grin and it came with a free bike!!! :D

I'm missing riding right now as I am working a field schedule (2 weeks on - 2 weeks off) 350+ miles up a dirt highway North of Fairbanks. No way am I taking my bike up here. The pictures of the bike that I show everyone up here get nothing but praise, though, so at least I can still show it off.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts