Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this Friday I pick up my first harley! A 2011 VRSDX! I am pretty excited. Traded in my Buell 1125r for it. Just couldn't handle the discomfort of the sport bike. I wanted to be able to take longer rides and the buell just didn't cut it. Rode it from Atlanta to PC and back and it was awful.

Anyways, what are some intial mods you guys would recommend specifically in the performance and comfort areas?

·
Registered
507 Posts
So this Friday I pick up my first harley! A 2011 VRSDX! I am pretty excited. Traded in my Buell 1125r for it. Just couldn't handle the discomfort of the sport bike. I wanted to be able to take longer rides and the buell just didn't cut it. Rode it from Atlanta to PC and back and it was awful.

Anyways, what are some intial mods you guys would recommend specifically in the performance and comfort areas?
The first thing I did to mine was a windshield, especially if you ride in the rain and cold. If you don't like the seat, there are many others out there.. sundowner, mustang, etc... or you could get a custom seat from Rich's. }:)

There's lots of performance mods you can do, depending on how much money and what type of power you're looking for.

}:)

·
boo
5,211 Posts
lots of info in the DX section, good luck searching, and welcome

question - i thought the denim only came with orange stripes this year?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lots of info in the DX section, good luck searching, and welcome

question - i thought the denim only came with orange stripes this year?
I believe you are right on that. I was thinking about the used one I was looking at but then decided to go new.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
the stock pilot seat was fine for me for the first 5k miles, but then it turned into a brick.
Sundowner was my number one comfort mod. Windshield for the longer rides is great and it also kills a shite load of bugs before they splatter on you.

·
boo
5,211 Posts
bugs are good protein. ditch the windshield, it's ugly.

but thumbs up on the sundowner, huge improvement over stock, imho

·
LEX MALLA LEX NULLA
1,072 Posts
:welcome::vrodforu::welcome:

Welcome to the forum - Let the mods begin!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts