Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've wanted a VRod ever since I was 16 and saw one at the dealership with my Pops. This last November I picked up a 2011 NRS, came with an aftermarket airbox and stage one, with tacky lightning paintjob to boot. I'm thrilled and lucky that my first bike is my dream bike that I played for with my own hard earned money. It's a bit of a project, as I found out about a month afterwards that some dingus before me bent the swingarm installing a new rim (dont ask how, we can only imagine). Other than that I'm looking forward to pushing this bike all the way up to Stage 4. I look forward to all the tips and assistance you guys give out. Thanks!

·
"Vrod King"
816 Posts
Welcome to 1130cc.com. My normal thing I tell everyone is that the Vrod is not the bike to get as your first bike. I guess that is a little too late now. I will tell you to respect the speed as it will try to suck you in. Ride safe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’d make sure you know your bike 1st don’t be newbie wait till you home experience under your belt. I would ride for few minutes let tires warm up make sure brakes work and if you can’t stop 🛑 make sure you know how to zip between or side of cars since there’s times you can’t stop 🛑 in time pick Hwy and remember if you take it fast you’ll hit 135 easy and be ready also please don’t do this if newbie Then Just go for it and remember that these bike are powerdful
Hey guys, I've wanted a VRod ever since I was 16 and saw one at the dealership with my Pops. This last November I picked up a 2011 NRS, came with an aftermarket airbox and stage one, with tacky lightning paintjob to boot. I'm thrilled and lucky that my first bike is my dream bike that I played for with my own hard earned money. It's a bit of a project, as I found out about a month afterwards that some dingus before me bent the swingarm installing a new rim (dont ask how, we can only imagine). Other than that I'm looking forward to pushing this bike all the way up to Stage 4. I look forward to all the tips and assistance you guys give out. Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to 1130cc.com. My normal thing I tell everyone is that the Vrod is not the bike to get as your first bike. I guess that is a little too late now. I will tell you to respect the speed as it will try to suck you in. Ride safe.
Thank you, and I do respect the hell out of that bike. My first time out with my Dad and brother I was actually the slowest, and they're on an Ultra Limeted and a Fat Bob. I'll be sure to let the throttle progress with my skill level!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’d make sure you know your bike 1st don’t be newbie wait till you home experience under your belt. I would ride for few minutes let tires warm up make sure brakes work and if you can’t stop 🛑 make sure you know how to zip between or side of cars since there’s times you can’t stop 🛑 in time pick Hwy and remember if you take it fast you’ll hit 135 easy and be ready also please don’t do this if newbie Then Just go for it and remember that these bike are powerdful
My brother and I love to go out and practice evasive maneuvers by dodging sewer lids and potholes. I've also gotten the bike up to around 30mph and practiced hard braking. Lots of twisty roads around where I live too. I'm glad to have plenty of family that rode and they give me lots of tips! Really loving the community so far, you guys are awesome

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome and congratulations! Hope you gained as much knowledge and experience first as that bike is very powerful.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome and congratulations! Hope you gained as much knowledge and experience first as that bike is very powerful.
I'm used to kicking it off swimming with the sharks. The rist bike I ever road was when my older brother got drunk and yelled, "Come over here! I'm gonna teach you how to ride a REAL bike!", which was an 08 Road King. It was a scary first bike for sure, but ide had the harley fever ever since :) Thank you for the greetings, I hope to learn as much as I can from the community!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts