Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after looking at all of the new HD bikes and accessoryies I can really say that there is nothing to make me think that I should get rid of mine for a new one, but I am really happy to see this part.
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524448771280&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302491559&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302491559&bmUID=1184010302936&bmLocale=en_US

I can't believe it took this long to make this silly little chrome part. I've been riding for two years with ugly black switches. Now I can get them in chrome to match everthing else. Although I have to buy three kits to get three switch caps. :mad:

·
myvrodrocks
6,021 Posts
What are you running with these switches?

Just curious, as I recently discovered these AUX housings and hooked up heated grips and LEDs with them.

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
myvrodrocks said:
What are you running with these switches?

Just curious, as I recently discovered these AUX housings and hooked up heated grips and LEDs with them.

Aux driving lights, LED's & garage door opener.

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
I'm confused? whats the difference between these and the others that have been out forever? Like in my gallery?

·
Lover of Bikes
1,726 Posts
Vrog said:
I'm confused? whats the difference between these and the others that have been out forever? Like in my gallery?
Vrod-Mike is not talking about the regular stock switches, but rather the optional add-on auxiliary switches that not many have installed. It's hard to tell but I can't see these in your gallery...just the regular switches.

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
oh thats what those blank ones are for..... Mike, got a picture of these aux switches on your bike? never mind, I see 3 black switches in your gallery. Thats a lot of switches going on there!!

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Vrog said:
oh thats what those blank ones are for..... Mike, got a picture of these aux switches on your bike? never mind, I see 3 black switches in your gallery. Thats a lot of switches going on there!!

I've been wanting these forever. Now I can finally get rid of the ugly black switches. I really like having these up on the bars. It makes things much easier (for me at least).

·
1130cc Mike
1,860 Posts
Hey Mike,

I've put on most of the regular chrome switches as an upgrade a couple years ago but have a hard time getting them on without busting the little plastic circle clips. I got all of them on no problem for the left controls but three kits later and I still can't get my run switch in or the right blinker one with out busting them up. So for the last few years I've been running around with two black ones on the right side. Is there some secret I'm missing on these? I'm willing to try again to finish off this mod once and for all.

Cheers, Mike

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lerenis said:
Hey Mike,

I've put on most of the regular chrome switches as an upgrade a couple years ago but have a hard time getting them on without busting the little plastic circle clips. I got all of them on no problem for the left controls but three kits later and I still can't get my run switch in or the right blinker one with out busting them up. So for the last few years I've been running around with two black ones on the right side. Is there some secret I'm missing on these? I'm willing to try again to finish off this mod once and for all.

Cheers, Mike

They are a bitch to change for sure. I've broken a few as well, but with some patience and a really small flathead screwdriver I was able to get them on.

·
1130cc Mike
1,860 Posts
Thanks Mike. I'll try again sometime.

·
Lover of Bikes
1,726 Posts
I heated mine up to make them slightly less brittle, and put the star shaped sides on first before forcefully rotating the other side to snap on. Didn't break any on the first try...thought they would though.

·
brett
9,338 Posts
i busted the run switch as well,,,will try heatn them up with hairdryer next batch,,,,and arnt they smart, need 1 switch but have to buy the whole pack

·
On the dark side
174 Posts
Hey Mike I think I've got an extra on/off switch here in chrome. Did the Road King switches last week & had to buy an extra pack to get another left turn button. Then when I did the right side I broke the turn button but since I had the spare kit, I used that one. It actually wasn't hard to do once I knew how that damn little spring fit in.

When I bought the spare kit, the chrome guy went to see if they had just a loose left turn signal to just give me. When he came back, he didn't, but he did say the tech's all break the starter switch and the on/off switch most often. And they agreed that it's a bitch to change these cheap little suckers, even for guys who do this every day.

Anyway Mike if you want my extra switch cap I'll bring it to the BBQ!

Ride safe all,
Pat

·
1130cc Mike
1,860 Posts
Hey Night,

Thanks for the offer but I need the right directional as well. I'll just buy another kit and if anyone needs a left chrome button let me know. I think I'm going to have even more pretty soon. These things are a bitch to put in but once in they look great! The funny thing is that these kits run what, $16? I have the feeling that I will have near $100 invested into this cheap mod before I get all the switches out.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Knew there had to be a reason a chrome junkie hadn't done those switches!

Sorry Mike, just teasing. Truth is, you don't even notice those black switches. Not on YOUR bike anyway!

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
GracieLee said:
Knew there had to be a reason a chrome junkie hadn't done those switches!

Sorry Mike, just teasing. Truth is, you don't even notice those black switches. Not on YOUR bike anyway!

Believe me I notice them. It has been a thorn in my side since I did them. Now I just have to see how long it will take to get them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts