Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Nightrod Special. I am running it topless with a K&N airfilter and recently put on a set of TAB turn out slip ons that are baffled. No tuning was done to the bike. I did purchase the Screaming Eagle PRO EFI Super Tuner though on the assumption that when I took the bike to my not-so-local Harley dealer that a tuneup would be required. Alas, not so.

Baseline dyno run showed 109.73 hp at 8000 RPM with 74 Ft/Lbs of torque. The burn was perfect without any tuning. The tech could not believe it and ran it three times to validate. It was consistently a perfect burn throughout the RPM spectrum. Amazing. The bike runs absolutely awesome with no anomolies. As soon as I can scan my sheet in I will. I am a very happy boy.

Phatass

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Not bad. Congrats..

·
Banned
1,783 Posts
Based on my runs on the dyno, your torque should be around 80 at the HP, at least it was for my bike at 108.98 for my base run after light mods (in signature) before tuning. Seems odd.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Based on my runs on the dyno, your torque should be around 80 at the HP, at least it was for my bike at 108.98 for my base run after light mods (in signature) before tuning. Seems odd.
Perhaps. But I couldn't be happier with the bikes performance. Well, maybe if I had a Trask turbo...:D

Phatass

·
Banned
1,783 Posts
Perhaps. But I couldn't be happier with the bikes performance. Well, maybe if I had a Trask turbo...:D

Phatass
Well when you pick yours up grab me one too! :D

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
I have a 2009 Nightrod Special. I am running it topless with a K&N airfilter and recently put on a set of TAB turn out slip ons that are baffled. No tuning was done to the bike. I did purchase the Screaming Eagle PRO EFI Super Tuner though on the assumption that when I took the bike to my not-so-local Harley dealer that a tuneup would be required. Alas, not so.

Baseline dyno run showed 109.73 hp at 8000 RPM with 74 Ft/Lbs of torque. The burn was perfect without any tuning. The tech could not believe it and ran it three times to validate. It was consistently a perfect burn throughout the RPM spectrum. Amazing. The bike runs absolutely awesome with no anomolies. As soon as I can scan my sheet in I will. I am a very happy boy.

Phatass
i would consider buying a lotto ticket because you are very lucky.. it isn`t often that you can make changes to the exhaust with the calibration not needing changed..

·
"we are fine"
133 Posts
Your numbers are pretty consistent with mine. Seems to be where most of us are with a very similar setup.
Good luck!!

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
Just my opinion, but although the stock bikes run fine (with the stock exhaust) WOT, they run as lean as heck in much of the rest of the range by design (for noise and emissions) and I would do some tinkering. However, if you are happy...

Have you locked the tuner to the bike? If not, I might be interested in buying it off you...

·
09 VRSCDX
22 Posts
Hi all,My mods to date r pcv ,V&H black widow slip ons, K&N filter running topless.I had it dyno'ed by my local hd stealer here in aussieland and its best was 117.6hp and 77.5 torque.
Already ordered the stage 2 cam kit and 26 t pulley,Its an addiction,cant wait....:broke:
Talking to a pcv authorised tuner,he reckons the hd tune is not a remapping,its just a tune.He says he would write 2 complete maps and he would need the bike for 2 days.Its not cheap but its custom.As you can see from the dyno sheet,the hd tech did all 3 runs in just half an hour,but charged me for 3 hours:banghead:After the cams n pulley are done ,i will be getting the custom map,keep u posted...

·
Banned
1,783 Posts
Another seemingly low torque number. Or is mine high at 80 for 112hp? It would make sense to me that dyno's are different from one to another when it comes to readings (as they are) but shouldn't the function between hp and torque be similar from dyno to dyno? I'd understand a few points or so but 5 or so out of 80? Really?

·
Banned
3,309 Posts
Another seemingly low torque number. Or is mine high at 80 for 112hp? It would make sense to me that dyno's are different from one to another when it comes to readings (as they are) but shouldn't the function between hp and torque be similar from dyno to dyno? I'd understand a few points or so but 5 or so out of 80? Really?
I'm going to guess you're peak torque was at 7400 rpm's?

·
Banned
3,309 Posts
Hi all,My mods to date r pcv ,V&H black widow slip ons, K&N filter running topless.I had it dyno'ed by my local hd stealer here in aussieland and its best was 117.6hp and 77.5 torque.
Already ordered the stage 2 cam kit and 26 t pulley,Its an addiction,cant wait....:broke:
Talking to a pcv authorised tuner,he reckons the hd tune is not a remapping,its just a tune.He says he would write 2 complete maps and he would need the bike for 2 days.Its not cheap but its custom.As you can see from the dyno sheet,the hd tech did all 3 runs in just half an hour,but charged me for 3 hours:banghead:After the cams n pulley are done ,i will be getting the custom map,keep u posted...
That's an odd looking dyno sheet.

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
Funny you should ask...I am sending you a PM.

Phatass
And I have replied enthusiastically. Great, I always wanted a SEPST. :D

1 - 20 of 48 Posts