Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
The Anti-Chrome
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the local dealer here in Fort Walton Beach sold a total of five 07' DX's. Mine was the fifth. It's funny how before I picked mine up on the 3rd of last month I had not see a single one of them and yet the first two have been on the road since they were originally released to the dealers. Today, while at lunch I saw the another of the four (the fifth I see daily when I look down :) ). For the rest of you, do you know how many others are in your area and have you seen them or talked to the owners?

·
Banned
579 Posts
I live in the Cedar Rapids, IA area. All of the DXs any dealer got in were sold after I bought mine as well. They very first ride we went on with the bike I saw one other DX down at the lake. Other than that I have yet to see another DX in my area.....which is lovely.

·
#1 Red Wings Fan
138 Posts
I live in San Diego. We have 6 dealers in the area. My dealer only got 3 of the DX's. I got the last. I haven't seen one DX since I got mine. I've only had it for 6 weeks and have ridden every weekend except 1. This includes a trip up the coast to Long Beach..

I kind of like it this way.. But it will be nice one day to see another....

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
I hear they sell them in Iowa. I have seen them on the show room floors. Ive yet to see another one on the road. But i guess all i need to do is head to the City of 5 Smells after reading this thread.

·
Gone
545 Posts
mattsmusic said:
I've never seen another one.
Come to Connecticut--you'll see one every time you go out. My neighbor has one and there are at least 4 others that I see regularly in my neighborhood.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Ive only seen 1 in 9 months riding daily around Charlotte NC. And that one was at the Smokeout in Salisbury where there were like 5000 bikes.

·
The Anti-Chrome
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What's really funny is that over the last 3 days of riding to work and riding the long way home after work....I have now seen 4 other non-DX V-rods and have laughed every time because I watch the owners almost break their neck to look back at my DX after I passed by....kind of nice actually..:)

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
Just returned from Sturgis and saw four different DX, only got to talk with one owner who was on the ride to devil's tower. Mine is only one in my home area.:)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Ya know what gets me, is that I'm the only one with a DX here in North Georgia... I guess its kinda neat to be a big fish in a small pond.... people seem hard to believe that my bike is actually a Harley-Davidson.

My bike gets gawked left and right... its kind a cool/neat, but getting old, and I've only had it for 3 weeks now.

·
Darth Veeness
2,014 Posts
I just picked up a 2008 DX today at Ventura Harley-Davidson in Camarillo Ca. A couple of days prior to that I saw a new '07 DX that the same dealer had sold. Now that I have one I will probably never see the '07 DX again.:ride: :ride: .

·
LEX MALLA LEX NULLA
1,072 Posts
I’ve never actually seen one on the road. All the DX’s I’ve seen were still sitting on the dealer’s showroom floor or outside the dealership in the parking lot. The one that I saw in the parking lot was fun because I happen to be on my 82 Sturgis at the time and parked next to it. A lot of styling similarities there when you compare the two side by side.

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=50430&d=1147105438

My personal observation is that the DX is not as popular in the Atlanta, GA area as in other places around the country because I don’t think you would have had to wait to buy one around these parts. In fact, HD of Stone Mountain had two sitting out the last time I was there about three weeks ago.

·
The Anti-Chrome
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hmm...guess Fort Walton is a fluke town then....I saw the third of the four others in town over the weekend....Just need to find the last one and try to get all the owners together for a quick picture...:)

·
Jethro001
17 Posts
I have only saw one other 07 DX in my area and I was thinking about buying that one about a year ago after I got my 07 RKC just bought one 3 weeks ago. It really does turn some heads!

·
On the dark side
174 Posts
Besides the other two pictured with mine at an impromptu gathering at Williams HD in Lebanon NJ, I've seen at least two and I think four others on the road at various times over the past six months - mostly in or near New Hope PA.

EDIT: oh - I can't re-post a pic since they're in another thread...
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68574

·
Registered
4 Posts
DX sightings

Richmond, VA - I have had mine for about 4 weeks and have not seen another on the road. We have two shops in the metro area and have only seen a couple on the showroom floor.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have seen one in Houma other than mine . I rode mine for one week in May after buying it then got rearended at a red light. Waiting on parts 'Really sucks paid three notes on it .Rear fender is the last part were waiting on. Got V-mods , PC ,filter to be put on when it comes home.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Guess who got the first one about a year ago? You are talking about Heritage Cycles?,They didn't know what to make of it when they got it. Ordered over the phone and sent a check when I found out they had one coming, was ready when I showed up and been ridin her since,
kskip
Panama City.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts