Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
197 Posts
What muffler are you running?

·
1130cc is enuff 4 me
2,426 Posts
So you removed you factory pipes & crimped a pipe in 2 spots & now its "custom"?

·
Fat and Fast
223 Posts
I agree, I am not bashing your hard work, but looks like its crimped...

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awe man, you guys are killing me... Those are chambered mufflers. I had them on my car and they sounded amazing, I wanted to see what they would sound like on my bike. I'm not 100% sold on them either but I do not like either the V&H or tab option. They do look better in person and I probably will change them out at some point but it was my first go around...

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
interesting, not bad. i'd like to hear it.never mind some of these dumbasses, they buy a motorcycle and now there a damn aficionado. keep on being creative and if you like it screw anyone else.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Nice job. I like different, and if you like the sound, then rock on! Joe

·
Registered USDA
4,229 Posts
I'm sure the sound is great as chambered mufflers usually do. Aesthetically you need to hide the "crimped" look. Other than that they look good.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
They look like the chamber exhaust that GM offered for the mid 60's corvette side pipes and late 60's Camaro's.

Could you post a video so we could hear the pipes ?

·
Banned
3,309 Posts
Props for thinking outside the box, double props for rolling your own. Now take some sheet metal and cover the crimps and you'll have a home run.

·
Registered
93 Posts
header wrap IMO!

·
~*~VDRNLN JUNKIE~*~
667 Posts
Get some sheet metal or a piece of thin wall tubing a 1/4" larger than the muffler cut it and make you a heat shield in black also, I think would look great! You could even weld a couple of nuts to the muffler and screw the heat shield on that would look custom as Hell! IMHO!

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
They need a heat shield that's smooth that covers the exposed 3/4 or so of the pipe.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm on the heat shield idea, I like it. I will keep you posted. I will also post a sound clip. The bike sounds mean as hell, I absolutely love the sound. The bike has cats on it now, Harley put the wrong head pipe on my bike from the factory if you can believe that. They ordered me a new catless head pipe so I'll take a sound with and without cats. I also want to eliminate the crossover tube to give it a more distinct twin sound.

·
Guardian of Freedom
140 Posts
Get some sheet metal or a piece of thin wall tubing a 1/4" larger than the muffler cut it and make you a heat shield in black also, I think would look great! You could even weld a couple of nuts to the muffler and screw the heat shield on that would look custom as Hell! IMHO!
I'm with him or Navydoc. Do your own thing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts