Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 VRSCA with 25K miles. Hear is a GOOD EXAMPLE of a burned up clutch. Replaced with stock and the AIM plate. WOW what a difference!

Attachments

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
So Greg, I think you found your problem.

Please PM me your address, unless you don't want to sell your Triple Trees. ;)

·
Banned
6,735 Posts
I've got a matching set of those :slap:

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rjrivero said:
So Greg, I think you found your problem.

Please PM me your address, unless you don't want to sell your Triple Trees. ;)
Yeah, The crazy thing is the clutch did not feel like it was slipping only when I hard launched it.

·
----->
7,589 Posts
How was relacing the clutch? I'm going to replace mine and looking for some feedback.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not bad. The hardest part was removing the exhaust. And getting the clutch hub nut off. The rest was easy straight forward. Get your self a manual and follow it. Good Luck!

·
Gotta Blast!
3,389 Posts
Greg,

Thanks for showing this to us. You said you went with a stock clutch again, but the plates look different. Did HD change the design?

·
Registered
138 Posts
gbflex said:
I have a 2003 VRSCA with 25K miles. Hear is a GOOD EXAMPLE of a burned up clutch. Replaced with stock and the AIM plate. WOW what a difference!
Mine does the same thing only slips or delays on a hard take off. I was going to have my clutch replaced next month. Dealer wants $600. to do it. What is an AIM plate and does it make it hard to pull the clutch in? Does the AIM plate make the clutch last longer? :notworth:

·
Another Ski season
2,631 Posts
AIM reduces clutch pull effort by about 1/3 to 1/2 I think, as far as wear I know not

·
Registered
258 Posts
Those are some pretty colors. Who painted them for you????:D

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
roxxley-rockets said:
Greg,

Thanks for showing this to us. You said you went with a stock clutch again, but the plates look different. Did HD change the design?
Hey Roxx, those are the original stock plates. I replaced with stock and installed the AIM.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1 - 13 of 13 Posts