Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be posting my 2009 VRSCDX with just over 600 miles on ebay in the next day or two. It has a Louisiana salvage title. Bidding will start at 4500.00 no reserve so if it gets a single bid its gone to the highest bidder.

I will update a link for those intersted.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will post a link as soon as the auction on ebay is finalized and a link is created. I plan to take some better pics of it today to post them in the sale. Once that is done I will create the sale on ebay and update a link. I have not decided how long to let it run but I'm thinking maybe doing a 6 day bid. Anyway I will post back with the link once it is finalized and I have one.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Wow, I didn't know that scrap metal was going for so much.

It got hot enough to melt the aluminum swingarm, so I'm sure the aluminum engine cases got a bit too hot. Of course the frame didn't fair better.

If you part it, you'll need to disclose the extent of the fire.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bikerider58

please read the classified rules that are posted witha sticky in the classified section and save us both alot of trouble. If you do not like the bike then dont bid. If you think the price it too high do not bid. Just please stick to the forum rules about the classified section.

The engine faired ok if that is your question. The paint on the engine case did not peel not even the rear of the engine by the fuel cell. The bike was laid over which is why the swing arm melted on one side and not the other. The heat was concentrated at the rear where the tire and fuel cell area are and being that heat rises it shows where the heat was concentrated hence the melted swingarm. The rear cylinder head took some heat and may need to be cleaned up or possibly repainted. The frame needs to be powdercoated but I did not find any visible signs that it is bent or twisted or out of line in any way however I'm not a frame expert. Pictures of the frame are posted for comparison but if any BUYER wants specific measurements to compare or pictures just ask. Also if you are interested in the bike for certain parts you are welcome to find any shop in my area at your cost to have it evaluated and I will bring it there. Some fire/heat did get under the back of the air box cover and melted the rear plastic of the air box.

If I was going to rebuild it I would replace the following: the handle bars and controls/grips. You would need to have the frame powder coated. You would need a new tin set. The fuel cell assembly would need to be replaced. It would need new wiring and electronics that go between the air box and fuel cell. I would also replace the swingarm assembly and rear of the bike from where it bolts on at the swingarm back including the rear wheel and caliper. I think the caliper may be the only thing not included from the guy selling for 1,500.00 both wheels and the rear assembly. They had a member here selling both tires with everything and the swingarm assembly including everything for 1,500.00 all together from a 300mm swap out. You may be able to find it cheper but I know someone had it here if you are interested. There was a few different factory tin sets for sale here from prices that range in various amounts. The last one I saw was 500.00.

The main wiring harness was on ebay for 289.00 and fuel cell assembly for 325.00. The left side frame rail that bolts on should also be changed and was on ebay not long ago for less than 100.00. The dealer I think was 125.00 for the frame rail.

Some of the parts you maybe able to just have painted but I would replace them if I was going to rebuild but everyone is different for what they are looking for. There may be other misc covers that you can paint or replace that may have been scratched. They are shown in the pics. Add those items up to the minimum bid price and compare that to the cost of a used bike of the same year and model and see if it is worth it to you. That is a choice only you can make.

AOW
as you can see a mod deleted the other posts with good cause. Since that ad has nothing to do with me or the sale I would ask you to follow the forum rules and not use this thread for that purpose.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
grodder I'm not going to entertain your ignorant ways. Anytime you want to come down for that tour let me know.

·
Autobanmod
9,896 Posts
Didn't the dealers sell out brandnew Buells for that price recently?
XssX, I think it's ok to comment on links to ebay auctions here in this area.
It would be different if you offered this sad looking pile of whatever you want to call it in the Classified - For Sale - Bikes section.
To all: let's be nice to each other :)

p.s. I'm writing this as a moderator

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
I don't know if it's the economy or what, but the spammers seem to be popping up here more and more often.
I do not feel that xssx is a Spammer, but with all the recent spammer posts I think folks are getting fed up and xssx just happened to post this at the peak of the frustration.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Didn't the dealers sell out brandnew Buells for that price recently?
XssX, I think it's ok to comment on links to ebay auctions here in this area.
It would be different if you offered this sad looking pile of whatever you want to call it in the Classified - For Sale - Bikes section.
To all: let's be nice to each other :)

p.s. I'm writing this as a moderator
:them:

If you don't like the price move on.

Don't set here and pick at the guy because you wouldn't want this done to you. :deal:

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
I do not care what anyone has said about the price. I have wanted this project since I first saw it. The problem is coming up with the cash. You taking offers?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To those who I have talked to through PM that was interested in the bike it looks like there was a last minute bid on the ebay sale. In the event that sale does not go through I will post back.

·
Banned
3,309 Posts
Looks like this thread got pruned a bit.

All of you who were capping on the guy about the price on the bike, check out his auction. Turns out it was worth $4500.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
supply and demand. Great that he got what he was asking.

Considering the damage, a known good engine and frame would have been a better starting point IMO. But this is why I passed on several wrecks before getting my project started.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
MalcomX LOL I was taught not to gloat so I will not comment about what was said by others.

It turns out the person who bought it is a legit buyer and seller with 2 accounts confirmed by ebay on the phone today. They seem to buy and sell a lot of different items related to bikes especially Harley. So seems like they are experienced in what to buy and turn for profit. If they can make money off parts or whatever they plan to do with it good for them. I'm still waiting for payment so the deal is not done until that happens but according to ebay the buyer is on the up and up so I suspect the sale should go through.

Since there was one particular poster who wanted to debate to say the least but would not come look at the bike in person for a personal tour you have lucked out. It turns out I WILL BE IN SEATTLE IN THE NEXT 2 MONTHS IF YOU WANT TO GO OVER SOME PICTURES IN PERSON IF IT WOULD MAKE IT EASIER FOR YOU to ummmm meet up.

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
That's a pretty big IF

It turns out the person who bought it seems like they are experienced in what to buy and turn for profit. If they can make money off parts or whatever they plan to do with it good for them.

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
MalcomX LOL I was taught not to gloat so I will not comment about what was said by others.

It turns out the person who bought it is a legit buyer and seller with 2 accounts confirmed by ebay on the phone today. They seem to buy and sell a lot of different items related to bikes especially Harley. So seems like they are experienced in what to buy and turn for profit. If they can make money off parts or whatever they plan to do with it good for them. I'm still waiting for payment so the deal is not done until that happens but according to ebay the buyer is on the up and up so I suspect the sale should go through.

Since there was one particular poster who wanted to debate to say the least but would not come look at the bike in person for a personal tour you have lucked out. It turns out I WILL BE IN SEATTLE IN THE NEXT 2 MONTHS IF YOU WANT TO GO OVER SOME PICTURES IN PERSON IF IT WOULD MAKE IT EASIER FOR YOU to ummmm meet up.
It is what I said. Something is worth what someone will pay for it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts