Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had cut the rear plastic long ago down to a much smaller size so that it wasn't nearly as ugly but last week decided to remove it all together and go with something cleaner. I took a TX state aluminum state insp bracket and turned it upside down and drilled and riveted it to the inner fender. I then took a $15 license plate frame with no branding from Harley and mounted around it. I like the side mounted plates also but for me I am forever cutting my leg on just the state insp sticker I have to carry not to mention what would happen with a full size plate.

Attachments

·
KC Rally Vet
3,172 Posts
coinpurse said:
For being bone stock and all...:laugh:
I can't believe you bought the whole bone stock thing, anybody who knows anything about the VRSC line could see that those are NOT stock mirrors. :D

·
Skunked 2003 VRSCA
92 Posts
Max, is that the 240 on the stock 02 fender? I don't think I've seen it before and I'm still researching wide tire options. I've begged off a 280 and was thinking about the 260 instead. However, if that's a 240 on your bike I have to say it looks pretty damn good! (which also goes for the bike as whole, of course)

·
Resident Tugboat Cpt
4,443 Posts
Nice job Max, looks great.

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
looks great :thumb:
so I'm guessing you either still haven't got your black tins back from getting touched up or you just can't get away from the best looking tins ever made (anodized) :D

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BlueCamel said:
Max, is that the 240 on the stock 02 fender? I don't think I've seen it before and I'm still researching wide tire options. I've begged off a 280 and was thinking about the 260 instead. However, if that's a 240 on your bike I have to say it looks pretty damn good! (which also goes for the bike as whole, of course)

That is in fact a 240 tire and stock fender.

·
Gotta Blast!
3,389 Posts
Max,

Once again, you've found a great way to address a common V-Rod concern - elegantly and cost effectively, and once again you're giving away an idea that you could have marketed for big bucks!! Thanks for all you do for us.

·
Bike is for sale!
5,075 Posts
that is the cleanest look, loaded V out there!

·
insane vrod posse...
2,018 Posts
Max said:
I had cut the rear plastic long ago down to a much smaller size so that it wasn't nearly as ugly but last week decided to remove it all together and go with something cleaner. I took a TX state aluminum state insp bracket and turned it upside down and drilled and riveted it to the inner fender. I then took a $15 license plate frame with no branding from Harley and mounted around it. I like the side mounted plates also but for me I am forever cutting my leg on just the state insp sticker I have to carry not to mention what would happen with a full size plate.

dang good idea... :D it should be patented... :)

·
Registered Idiot
5,461 Posts
Looks good, nice "spinner muffler"
How about some one coming up with a way to mount an E-Z pas that does not suck.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts