Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
20 Eyes in my Head
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FINALLY, I got a few neccessary loose ends tied up financially so I could take delivery on my new '03 VRSCA!! :vrod: :dance: :vrod: I bought this bike after 6 months of searching for the "right" deal and at the price I got it for with a 4 yr warranty, man I am one HAPPY ASS human at the moment! WOW what a bike. I am in the break in period still so I keep it under 4000 rpm but man what a smooth ride! I actually like the stock seat and the ergonomics are like it was custom fit to my specs. God, what an upgrade from the Sporty that I used to love...and still do, but it cannot even compare to this bike!

Anyways, I'd like to thank you all for posting and putting up with my many questions and sharing your info on all things :vrod: It is great to have a place so dedicated and welcoming to all things V-Rod. :cool: :cool: :cool: I think I'll wait a bit to change the silent stock exhaust, my only major beef with the bike. I'm gonna go with the DRKS but I do have one question. The salesman said after 500 miles that I can get up on the throttle, and that the 1000 mile break in is a bit of an overkill. Any thoughts and opinions here?

Man, is it HARD to behave on that bike! I cannot wait to rev this baby up :ride: and see what she's got!

Thanks again all, and especially whomever put this site together :notworth: . It is a VERY big help for this Revo convert!

LAter,

Gary

PS

On the 50 miles I rode yesterday, man, I got a ton of thumbs and waves from people in cars...thought I was a ceberty or sumthn. While putting through the ghetto, a few dudes on a porch raised up a 40 oz beer and hollered "NICE BIKE BROTHA!" (seriously!) ;)

·
Registered
974 Posts
Congratulations !!!

WooHoo.

Now is when the cash flow starts to move from your pocket to the scoot ...

Enjoy !

BobT

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
DungeonWorks said:
PS - On the 50 miles I rode yesterday, man, I got a ton of thumbs and waves from people in cars...thought I was a ceberty or sumthn. While putting through the ghetto, a few dudes on a porch raised up a 40 oz beer and hollered "NICE BIKE BROTHA!" (seriously!) ;)
Get used to it.

And congrats!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have got my bike last week at the only spring day in the last weeks. I rode 300 Km on the first day: yes, it is the best Harley i ever had! Smooth and powerfull enigine (i only tried up to 5.000 u/min), sharp handling, easy driving and it looks great. Hope the spring will start, so that i can make some more Kilometers. The bike is fantastic! Teppo

·
Chad 02 V-ROD
1,364 Posts
Your gonna find out when you get over 5000 rpm's this baby come alive hang on and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Hi... I;m from Michigan also... where'd you buy? Cummings?

Hold on to your wallet... there's not a bike on this site with less than 3500.00 in extras on it....

stay OUT of those stealers unless they're offering AT LEAST 20% off retail for parts/accessories... and install em yourself!!!! watch for group buys on the forum.

Just a question... why did you buy a NEW bike as opposed to used?

take good care/ride safe

·
O-FNG
321 Posts
gthong said:
Hi... I;m from Michigan also... where'd you buy? Cummings?

Hold on to your wallet... there's not a bike on this site with less than 3500.00 in extras on it....

stay OUT of those stealers unless they're offering AT LEAST 20% off retail for parts/accessories... and install em yourself!!!! watch for group buys on the forum.

Just a question... why did you buy a NEW bike as opposed to used?

take good care/ride safe
The best quote I read in a mag about spending money... "The bike is just the downpayment on the extras!!!"

·
20 Eyes in my Head
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the $$$ warnings! lol I'm feeling the urge already!!!

gthong, I got it at Shiawassee Harley up on M-13 just south of Mount Morriss rd. $15,200 for new 2003 VRSCA + $500 4 yr warranty + tax & Title. The used bikes were only about $1k-$2k cheaper and I thought it was worth the deal I got to get it new. As I mentioned earlier, I cut my teeth on a Sportster and really liked that bike...'till I got my rod! I tip-toed into the V-Rod, being a newer motor and all. My deal came out to like $16,700 out the door, which is a steal compared to all the other places I looked. I took my time and searched all winter long. Cummings is a good dealer in my opinion, GREAT wrenches in there and they are pretty honest...but for $70 hr labor, you can afford to be I guess! LOL They have some '03's for $17,041 out the door with a one year warranty. It simply came down to econimics as I find both places to be reputable and fair. ABC Harley in Waterford? That's a different story! I personally will NEVER deal with them *** ****'s again! Anyways, I have yet to get any extra's as the bike broke my piggy bank just to get it. They will come soon though! I want to see and find the Thunderheader before I decide. What area in MI are you in? I am in Grand Blanc, just south of Flint/North of Holly.

Later,
Gary

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
DungeonWorks said:
ABC Harley in Waterford? That's a different story! I personally will NEVER deal with them *** ****'s again!
You can add Detroit Harley in Centerline to that list as well!!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Hi.. I'm in Fairhaven... between New Baltimore and Algonac.. on Lk St Clair. perhaps we'll meet some time. 16,700 OTD is the best I've heard of for a new one. My buddy bought a new screamin eagle duece from ABC and another bought a fatboy and road king there also. Never really heard anything adverse about them...
we have a fairly new dealer near me.. Wolverine in Mt clemens... nice building and very involved in HOG. To me.. the dealers are all the same... and I try to stay out of them and buy used.

good luck with the v rod...

I just put a sundowner seat on this week and a 200 ,metz rear next week... then... so help me... I'm done... This bike now has about $6300.00+ (at retail, new, not including installation) worth of "can't live without" screamin, flamin' gotta have it's!!!... on it..... IT's DONE

unless you're are real power freak... I'd just V Mod the stock pipes.. they sound real nice and it's only 150.00. rinehardts sound just a "real harley".. but don't look as good IMHO on a v rod as stock pipes..they're 600.00!!!

also... a 28 tooth front sprocket is a great addition.... of course it's 225.00 retail

...and then there's.... and chrome this... and anodized that.... and billet this... and acid etched that...and polish that....and chrome bolts.... and wider this.... and saddle bags... oh and a windshield.....and pegs.. and levers... and pretty soon you have the cost of a jet ski wrapped up in "gotta haves"... but man.. these are pretty cool toys...

seriously.. the best of luck

greg

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
gthong, that's exactly how it goes... And, like you, I've been saving money every step of the way.... We are NOT telling the kids how much we spent on the bikes last year!

·
Registered
503 Posts
hey BBRUCE65...

But Detroit Harley is having an open house tomorrow... and we get to buy any 04 Harley for ONLY MSRP (+ set up, frt, full sales tax, plates, probably some lame ass service contract, graft, coruption,jethro's wax job, etc).... see you there....

greg

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
THAT 500 MILE BREAK IN IS BS!Ride like you want she will be fine! :diablo:

·
just a ghost now
2,719 Posts
It isn't that hard to use some measure of control for 500 miles? Give the ole rings a chance to become intimate with the crosshatch of their respective cylinder, other parts wearing in. I mean we're talking about 500 measly miles, then for the next 99,000 you can ride it like you stole it. A wise investment to me, but perhaps it requires just too much self discipline for some....... the best engine builders in the world break/wear in an engine before abusing it, dyno pulls, ect.

·
Registered
715 Posts
BEWARE OF THE V-FEVER :angeldev:
While your breaking her in all your going to think about is whats next before you know it you will be consumed in just this and that which once it comes in becomes, well I have to have this to match with that, you shut yourself off from the world because now she is your world when the sun rises you think Hey great day to ride when it rains Hey great day to ride when it snows :hmm: well some of us hey great day too :hmm: go out side and start her up and take pictures and maybe oh what the hell , you stop eating and going out and crave riding with other V-rodders. You find yourself just in a lost stare looking at her for hours on end.

You start living on V-rod forums you don't watch much TV and cable anymore because you have to be ready for the group buy or some one happends to be selling just what you need at a great price but after a few misses you will not be left out again. You hear soft whispers from Max, Val, Frank, V-rod scout, Ricky.G, TBA6809 the Doc and all those military killers from above and below and yes those Aussies (Oyie), Brits, Scotts, Swiss,Germans and that bat out of Hell that Super Kaz feller.

The information as you know is priceless just have some one keep an eye on you from time to time and you'll be in great shape. My wife keeps a running tally on my spending. I got my baby in june 03 to date 10k and not one pic to show :yak: I think shes going to leave me soon if I don't shut off the flood gates :chair: . I told her I was done for the year but something tells me before the year is out I'm going to have to have something else :laugh: Its the Fellowship Of The Rods and each new rodder is the star. Like Max says its the members that make this fourm what it is :mrgr: welcome to the Fellowship. :ride:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
gthong said:
hey BBRUCE65...

But Detroit Harley is having an open house tomorrow... and we get to buy any 04 Harley for ONLY MSRP (+ set up, frt, full sales tax, plates, probably some lame ass service contract, graft, coruption,jethro's wax job, etc).... see you there....

greg
:laugh: :laugh: Don't hold your breath......

1 - 19 of 19 Posts