8,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
Andy there is room now.

Sorry have been flooded with MWT stuff.

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
We did 100-
we have to go OVER 100 to be the biggest.
Still gonna be the biggest V-Rod rally in the world!
aw shit.... now I gotz to bring my vrod down... just to be in on the count !

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,318 Posts
Whats the chances of waking some of the old gang up for at least a one day visit...
Gary95, Rico, Roxxley Rockets, Holdhard, Dancing Dogs and all the others -- How bout that Skinny focker Benny from Indiana? ..
Surely they haven't abandoned us all together ?? :sad:

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
The dealer has invited some of there vrod friends to come to the dyno shoot out to check us out.

I am sure this will be the biggest gather in one place of vrods.

I am still in awe.

100 dinners are ordered and the shirts are ordered to.

Now lets hope the weatherman hold out. Next Friday says sunny on tonighht news.

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
Any one need a room ? I'm coming by myself, the room I got at the econo Lodge has 2 full-size beds . Anyone need a place to stay , send me a Pm .

Ben

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
Whats the chances of waking some of the old gang up for at least a one day visit...

Gary95, Rico, Roxxley Rockets, Holdhard, Dancing Dogs and all the others -- How bout that Skinny focker Benny from Indiana? ..

Surely they haven't abandoned us all together ?? :sad:

I've been wondering the same thing. I just don't understand it.

If they never view the forum then I guess I get it but this rally is so damn CLOSE!?! As you say - they could ride or drive down for a day.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #209
I am still getting request.

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
If you are trailering make sure you bring your chairs.

I still have to get them rounded up.

Looks like the warm weather is moving in.

Bad news, My yard is so feakin wet I have Mosquito hotel with free swimming pools all over the yard.

·
Registered
2 Posts
sorry for the late notice things have been up in the air a lot lately but im happy to say I just booked my room at the quality inn so I will be joining you guys this year anyone coming through northern Illinois that want to hook up for the ride in 815-543-4199 mike

·
NSFW
1,976 Posts
sorry for the late notice things have been up in the air a lot lately but im happy to say I just booked my room at the quality inn so I will be joining you guys this year anyone coming through northern Illinois that want to hook up for the ride in 815-543-4199 mike
Great! Your first post and you're jumping into a great event! You'll have a good time!

Welcome!

Doc

:dance::dance::dance:

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
Welcome to the forum and Welcome to the best rally for V-Rods.

Mike Got you on the list Sir.

See you here.

rod

·
'04 1300
3,059 Posts
Sadly, due to a firestorm that erupted on the work front, I'm not going to make it. I've already talked to Rod, and am contributing my registration fee to, what I consider, the most deserving cause.

I just canceled my reservation for a king room at the Quality Inn, so there's a slot open if anyone wants to grab it.

I'll be with you all in spirit, and, if things settle down, I might try to ride up on Saturday for a bit.

·
Retired, Not SLOW!
6,000 Posts
Sadly ...

... I'm not going to be able to make it to MWT. I sponsored a rider in the Baja 500 and outfitting the bike + nearly 3wks in Ensenada and going to and fro decimated my bank accounts far more than I'd anticipated. Plus I bought another bike (KTM 690 Enduro) in late April and that "helped." (No, I did not sell the R, nor do I intend to, ever. I figure my daughter can take care of that if she wants to, several years down the road, when it's hers.) :D

The whole story of the Baja500 attempt is HERE and, with luck, we'll be back for the Baja1000 in November. I already have reservations at "our" motel, far from the Turista Area. I'm "garfey" on the advrider site.

Plus, I bought a huge Grumman-bodied box van that I have to finish paying for next month.

I'm hopeless. Eleven bikes, two cars, a pickup (that's going to have a '71 Cuda 383 w/HiPo 440 heads shoved in later this year, before November. (The engine's been waiting patiently in a crate in a friend's unfinished house for ~3yrs and I finally found a mechanic who didn't laugh! He's a bike nut, too.:deal:) And soon the box van. Hopeless, I tells ya!.

***I have a reservation at Econo Lodge (confirmation # 108255 - two double beds, ground floor, smoking) and will be cancelling it later today, Tuesday, 23 June. If anyone is or wants to get on a waiting list with the motel, I'll try to coordinate so that my cancellation opens up a spot for "one of us." ***

Will be gone to town for a couple of hours but should be contactable either via PM or e-mail by 2:30-3P.

·
Retired, Not SLOW!
6,000 Posts
Reservation Shuffle

Glock30Eric PM'd to say he'd like the room. I called and the desk clerk said "no problemo" re Eric taking over my reservation..

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #219
Gator
Please let me know how you wish to refund.

Tshirt and rest or all refund.

Donation to help out Honey B's family.

PM thanks

·
Retired, Not SLOW!
6,000 Posts
Sorry to hear --- take care
Motorcycle racing is e x p e n s i v e! (Well, compared to other types of motorsport, it's really a bargain but still . . . . .)

"My" rider endo'd on Sunday before the race while prerunning and dislocated and broke his shoulder. Medevac'd to San Diego, he was operated on at UCSD Hospital and SS plate(s) and 10-12 screws installed to hold the humerus in place. At home in WI, he underwent a 2nd surgery today to repair/re-affix a 10mmx15mm bone chip that was pulled out of the humerus by a tendon. O U C H !!!

The bike was only minimally damaged despite landing directly on the ass-end. KTM plastic is cheap but suspension parts prices will give you nosebleed. Worst damage was a slighty bent F brake rotor. Another Inmate from ADVRider located one in North San Diego county and organized delivery to Ensenada so that the EXC would be rideable. Last week, while searching in boxes of stuff, I realized I had packed a spare rotor and a dozen of the "special screws." Could have had the bike fixed 3 days earlier! Ima Dummy!

Thursday after the 500, I rode in the rock hill desert near Jacumba Hot Springs (off Old Hwy 80, border fence visible for miles) with a couple of ADVers from LaMesa. Pics were from atop a hill, we were under a microwave relay tower and looking down on a wind farm. Wind was honking, maybe 30mph or so. Per GPS, it was only ~10mi from Checkpoint 1 of the race (which wound up being at my Easy-Up, only shade in the area just West of La Rumorosa.

Me in the denim Ruger shirt.

I fell in LURV when Veronica came to work with her hair down. She has no English, I know enough Spanish to order tacos & beer and ask where the pisser is (but wouldn't understand a reply aside from a pointed finger). Maybe that's a good thing???

@rsc - No refund desired or expected. A donation to Honey B's family would be nice, or throw it in the MWT "pot."

Attachments

201 - 220 of 223 Posts