Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading through a lot of post on big bore kits, going topless, 2 into 1 exhaust, turbos and other mods. Now my head hurts :banghead: Can someone give me step by step. I don't want to waste money :broke: or buy something I don't need. I ride with some Busas, R1's, GXR'S, :kaz: BigDog's everyone thinks I just what my V-ROD to look good I want to catch them sleeping. With the help of my new family I think I can have them reading the new plate I want to order X2FLY.

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
The skies the limit,depends how deep your pocket book is. :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
2-Quick said:
I've been reading through a lot of post on big bore kits, going topless, 2 into 1 exhaust, turbos and other mods. Now my head hurts :banghead: Can someone give me step by step. I don't want to waste money :broke: or buy something I don't need. I ride with some Busas, R1's, GXR'S, :kaz: BigDog's everyone thinks I just what my V-ROD to look good I want to catch them sleeping. With the help of my new family I think I can have them reading the new plate I want to order X2FLY.
just picked mine up from Chopper Steve @ v-mod he did the bb kit and v-modded the 16gua. se pipes bike has much more bottom end and really seems to kick in about 7000 rpm [trying to break it in slow but couln't help myself] well worth the money,about 3400.00 turn key terry r

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
Terry what was the turn around time?

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
We need to get real guys.

2-Quick. "I ride with some Busas, R1's, GXR'S, BigDog's..." Me too. Good Luck. To be very impressive with those guys you'll need very good luck. AND this is after a BB, exhaust, Race Tuned to satiety. You know! You're there every time they kick your ass (same happens to me). I say this not to offend anyone but get real, my bubble got popped when I got out the dealership, me disrespcting the warranty and all that. You are talking Busas and Gixxers of the 1000 variety. I know a BB alone is not doing it unless you dream it, raced one, lost to it, but a ZX12R was doing circles around both of us. It was not stock but still, who is "stock" these days :rolleyes: ? Nitrous seems to me too short lived to make it absurd for street duty but maybe a turbo or a supercharger, then again we can only get to 140 then woosh. Me? I'd do the BB knowing I'd loose to some 1000's out there, so what? Wanna beat them? I guess the cheapest mostest horsepowerest MF'r would be a turbo. Kill anything? BB+turbo! Ahhhhh! Know what? Get a Busa SE yourself. Or hurt with money and hours and desperation to make a V-Rod faster than my R1 when all I have to do is call Graves Motorsports for some cheap bolt ons and PCIII map to whip you. AND I LOVE MY V-ROD TOO, BETTER THAN ANYTHING ELSE THAT'S FOR SURE. :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Ed Dog,
How about a Big Bore Race Motor thats Turbo Charged with a nice Shot of Nitrous Oxided!That ought to get thing Handled pretty well! :diablo:

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
VrodG said:
I want to see it, stop farting around and post some pics!
:spank: :stupid:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
vrodvinny said:
Terry what was the turn around time?
vinny mine took way to long but 7 weeks, but the problem was,nt steve there was a shortage or backorder problem w/wiseco on the sleeves thanks terry r

·
1,738 Posts
You know guys, our bikes are fast (as fast as any sane person can really want), but there are quite a few bikes that will outrun us. The Mothership should let Mr Buell loose with this engine. Add a little here and there, put it in a sport bike frame, and let all the inline fours eat our exhaust. Actually, I am looking forward to the Revolution Bagger, myself.

Fred

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
Fred, we are almost there now....

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
I too... must..... go....... faster! At least a bit that is.

"You know guys, our bikes are fast (as fast as any sane person can really want)" I'm INsane. :hyper:

"but there are quite a few bikes that will outrun us." NEVER! ;)

"The Mothership should let Mr Buell loose with this engine. Add a little here and there, put it in a sport bike frame, and let all the inline fours eat our exhaust." Uh YEAH! :thumb: :lick:

"Actually, I am looking forward to the Revolution Bagger, myself." :tmbsdow: :surrender OK! OK! As long as they do the Buell :mrgr: .

No really, being a Harley newbie. What exactly IS a bagger? I thought those were the guys at the supermarket "bagging" the goods. AND what is really the diff between dynas and softails?

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
eduarprmdNo really said:
I thought those were the guys at the supermarket "bagging" the goods.[/B] AND what is really the diff between dynas and softails?
A "Bagger" is any of the touring bikes like the Road King or Ultra. It could also include the Heritage Softail.

I like your idea about getting Eric involved. It would be an interesting result but quite possibly he and Willie G. would be at odds since both have egos that won't fit through the door already ;)

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
Well those little Buell's do look like a lot of fun, very good reviews. I like the newer 1200 myself but with the Revolution engine the whole bike could be called The Revolution or something. I do not think Willie would have what it takes to make it as good as Erick could, besides tons of cash. The thing would be sales. I'm not so sure, even if well critizised over here, that even Buell could top the near perfect creations these Japs have been making for a long time now. At least I would be game, America would be a market, I don't know about orientals and europeans.

To me Willie did do it. The V-Rod is so good as it is IMO that I'm almost unwilling to accept that in the future even better may come. This a really good piece of engineering. I'm looking to not kill myself because of the children and a Buell may be tame enough. With the Revolution engine in it a Buell would be fantastic.

·
1,738 Posts
Daniii: Too True. However, more passenger room, more fuel capacity, and a larger frame to esthetically mount larger bags and fairing (the Road Rod is OK, but a little strange in its proportions to me - like what it is, spare HD parts tacked onto a V-Rod) would be nice. Designed from the ground up for touring, it could be make a hell of a sports tourer/tourer hybrid.

Fred

·
Registered
81 Posts
Last sport bike I had was a 2002 R1, It was hopped up for track days and was a blast shooting the canyons. Well I got rid it last month & just picked up my V-Rod this weekend. I love my V-Rod, but I have no false pretenses of it keeping pace with all my sport bike buddies. It just won't happen, nor do I expect it to. But for me, the R1 begged to stay above the 3 digit MPR mark, and I couldn't keep it at legal speeds. The V-Rod has plenty of quickness, a generous lean angle, and looks to kill. This is a great bike that can be ridden in canyons, has plenty of "put you back in your seat" quickness, and is still comfortable in the longer rides.

Give up on smoking the liter class sport bikes. Lean back - put your feet up - and cruise.

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
RockyJ said:
Last sport bike I had was a 2002 R1, It was hopped up for track days and was a blast shooting the canyons. Well I got rid it last month & just picked up my V-Rod this weekend. I love my V-Rod, but I have no false pretenses of it keeping pace with all my sport bike buddies. It just won't happen, nor do I expect it to. But for me, the R1 begged to stay above the 3 digit MPR mark, and I couldn't keep it at legal speeds. The V-Rod has plenty of quickness, a generous lean angle, and looks to kill. This is a great bike that can be ridden in canyons, has plenty of "put you back in your seat" quickness, and is still comfortable in the longer rides.

Give up on smoking the liter class sport bikes. Lean back - put your feet up - and cruise.
No one ever listens to me ;) . Compared to a sportbike the V-Rod would be on the special olympics :laugh: . Polio, that's it :laugh: . There is no frigging way. I keep telling people and I think I'll make it my signature here, "try it". It's come to a point where I know how good a sport bike has become after mods by just analysing the widening gap against the V-Rod :laugh: . Soon my friends will start calling me to save some bucks in dyno time by whipping the Rod :moon: :laugh: . When it's time to go riding they all want a ride in the Harley :cool: .

·
Registered
94 Posts
RockyJ said:

Exactly what I would say....I won't go back to a sport bike now that I found the V-Rod!!! :vrod:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts