Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to put muscle wheels on my 08dx. with or with out bearins. Tires or not does not matter. Just wheels in decent shape. must be 8" rear

Joe

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Just a suggestion. If you really want to get this done. Just buy them new. From my searching before, it seems most think they are sitting on gold. They normally want almost or more than you can get them brand new. If you need any help let me know I just put them on my 08 dx. Good luck

·
946 Posts
Just a suggestion. If you really want to get this done. Just buy them new. From my searching before, it seems most think they are sitting on gold. They normally want almost or more than you can get them brand new. If you need any help let me know I just put them on my 08 dx. Good luck
What do they cost new? With Bearings and rear pulley?

·
Dances with Rain!
3,713 Posts
Wheels are 500 a piece each, if you walk in to your local HD dealership.
Bearings are like 32 dollars a piece and pulley I am not sure.

Jim

·
946 Posts
Wheels are 500 a piece each, if you walk in to your local HD dealership.
Bearings are like 32 dollars a piece and pulley I am not sure.

Jim
So a complete set up, new, say $1350 with the pulley. So a fair value for a used set should be about $800 in good shape?? What do ya think?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So a complete set up, new, say $1350 with the pulley. So a fair value for a used set should be about $800 in good shape?? What do ya think?
That actually sounds fair. Just a few things though. It needs to be an 8" wide rear and the bearings need to be for 08 and newer v-rods 25mm instead of 1" I do not need the rear pulley as I bought one from Pondo that matches better. Are you looking to get rid of a set of wheels.

Joe.

·
946 Posts
That actually sounds fair. Just a few things though. It needs to be an 8" wide rear and the bearings need to be for 08 and newer v-rods 25mm instead of 1" I do not need the rear pulley as I bought one from Pondo that matches better. Are you looking to get rid of a set of wheels.

Joe.
Hey Joe, I'm dealing on a set of chrome wheels right now. If that goes through, I'll be getting rid of the set I have on my bike. Check out my gallery pictures to see them. They are on an 08. JOHN

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
You can re-use your rear pulley and comp bowl. I do recommend getting the floating rotor for the muscle rear though or else your rear brake will squeal at slow speeds. The front rotors are the same. Bearings and spacers are just the stock part numbers so there is no pre-made install kit for them.

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Front wheel is 266. The rear is about 500 range. Check between chicago and zanottis. They take a while to get. The rear rotor
is around 125. And the bearings are around 25. I think the spacers were 10-15 a piece. I have all the exact prices at home.

·
946 Posts
Joe, did you ever find a set of F wheels? I'm getting my chrome ones and will have mine for sale if your still interested in them. JOHN

·
Premium Member
10,800 Posts
First dibs! I am on the road until next Monday. Joe

·
Trouble Maker
1,078 Posts
I am not sure where you are getting those prices from but the front is around $350 and the rear is just over $750 according to the catologue. That is bare wheels, new. Of course with the discount price of the two HD dealers mentioned the price will be a little lower. I can promise you are not going to touch a new Muscle rear wheel for $500 at ANY HD dealer. Oh and mine are almost gold...lol. Jim

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I bought both of mine brand new for around 700ish (my front was 250ish and rear was a 450ish) but that was when they first came out. I just checked prices and they have gone up in price considerably since then The Front is now 272.80 and the rear is 620.80.... I am beginning to think I may need to sell the spare rear muscle wheel I have.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts