Votes: 119 56.1%
  • Night Rod Special

Votes: 93 43.9%
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never seen the Muscle in person but only on the net (pic, you tube etc) cause its not available in India. The only Vrod model launched a few months ago by Harley India is the NRS, which was my preference for the longest time, until about a month ago. Now i am confused between the Muscle and the NRS.

I had discounted the muscle when it was introduced, like many others saying it does not look like a Harley.. so on and so forth, and i only wanted to buy a NRS. But i have started to like it more and more. Its looks more new age and breaks the monotony of the NRS which has stayed the same for a few years now. The only issue is if I choose the Muscle, i will have to import it directly from the US cause harley India will not do it for me... which can be a pain.

Anyways here is my question, and i know the answer is based on personal pref... but what was your reason for choosing one over the other... looks are obvious but any other facts i should know about.

J

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
Its down to personal preference on the look, I am not a big fan of the muscle styling personally.As for the NRS staying the same, its like a blank canvas you make it what you want it to be, not many people on here have left them as standard.

·
VRSCD
1,012 Posts
I don't know the Nightrod seemed to have the right amount of Black and Chrome, the Special was too much black on black for me. Besides there are so many Specials on the block there is nothing "Special" about them.

·
Registered
379 Posts
My main reasons for buying the Special was the larger tire, drag style handle bars, and I love the blacked out theam, I do like the back end better on the muscle, dont like the muscle exhaust, but then again I didnt like the special exhaust either. I have been riding my special for 3 years now with almost 30k miles on it and I love it, love it, love it!!! Good luck picking yours out, only advice I can realy give you is go with what bike gets your blood pumping!

·
Registered
727 Posts
My self personally I purchased a nrs over the muscle. That blacked out theme did it for me the nrs was cheaper. The front end on the muscle had real wide look and lots of chrome everywhere. I could have purchased either one and I went with nrs. I just liked the look of it. The muscle had a mean look to it and was a sweet bike. I just liked the nrs better and it is a little lighter than the muscle.

·
Flat Broke
283 Posts
For me, I liked the rear fender and larger air-box with the front frame covers. Also the Handle bars looked a little cleaner to me. I do however prefer the blacked out theme on the night rod special

·
Registered
363 Posts
Interesting the comments are favoring the NRS but the votes are going for the Muslce.

In my case I liked the F styling better and it looked different from the other Rods H-D had been selling that last few years. I also liked the rear end and the bars and LED signals on the mirrors. Loved it since the day I bought it.

·
Banned
1,783 Posts
I like the integrated lights on the F as far as my preference to the style as well as the true dual exhaust. It just works. :)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Hands down the Muscle!
Not only is it well named, I like the cleaner lines (lights in the rear fender and mirrors), the seat, the handle bars and the reworked airbox. Everything about it!
Even the 'drag pipes' are kinda cool (as long as you remember not to burn yourself on them).

·
Banned
1,783 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Now that sir, is very debatable.
OK True enough... let me rephrase.. in MY OPINION it is aptly named as the most muscular looking of the V-brood and they did well (again in my opinion) with the aggressive muscle car look...

There happy now :)

·
Banned
1,783 Posts
Heh, I didn't protest your comment or anything because in a way I agree, but most people don't really like it or joke about it anyway. Frankly I enjoy the name very much since I use it as a pickup line all the time...

"Hey babe, want to take a ride on my muscle?" Great ice breaker. :D

·
Registered
727 Posts
I have not one bad thing at all to say about the muscle. I had the choice of either one and money was not the option at the time. And I must agree with some of the muscle guys on here. That is a tough looking very nice bike especially the exhaust. But not to piss off anyone on this forum. I asked my dealer who is also a friend what is the fastest bike that harley makes. He replied the nrs was the faster bike all be it not by much at all. A better rider on a muscle will be a nrs with an average rider. That is because of a little weight difference. I personally bought a NRS because I saved a nice chunk of money and I liked the blacked out theme. That left me more money for a SE stage 1 kit and V&H competition. I also had the bike dyno tuned for max hp and tq. I also added vrsc detachable bags. The muscle was a really nice bike if the dealer would have got the price alittle closer would have probably bought the muscle. But the tuner guy said I would really be well pleased with the mods and tune after was finished it just comes down to what you want look like. If you like a bike with the blacked out theme then the NRS may be right up your alley. One thing on the NRS that I hated was the stock exhaust just ugly. Now if chrome is your cup of time then its muscle all the way. If I would have to just pick one out just like it set no mods or anyhing. I would have Probably got a muscle. But it wasn't so it was NRS for me.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I dont care for the Muscles angular lines or the pipes. Too angular for my taste. The indicator lights are a cool touch and the rear fender is a nice attepmt, but too bulky. I have to say that I do like the wheels. The NRS looks more purposeful and straight forward. Looks raw and mean without have int to try and look like something. I'm partial to black. Frankly, I just hope they sel a ton of V-Rods, I dont care which.

BTW I saw a Muscle at a local bike night, tThe guy had it painted all Denim and even had the Muscle wheels done with the orange stripe. The motor was not black, but it looked cool. There is another guy that has a NRS with vivid black Muscle rear fender, seat and air box lid. It looks great. So maybe I would say I like the combo of both...

·
Now on a VRSCDX!!!
604 Posts
The Muscle was a cool look the first year it came out but the muscle is STILL getting my attention 3 model years later

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
really two different bikes. Each has their pros and cons, if you can test ride each you should. On stock looks alone I would go the DX, but I would pull the exhaust off of either and replace with a powerline exhaust.

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
The muscles actually look pretty good in person. The rear tire "looks" too small for the fender IMO and I actually think they look better with bags on.

They're nice looking bikes with some flaws I see that I'd change. That applies to all V-Rods though to me.

·
Back to the dark...
18 Posts
Blacked out theme...in particular for the engine...that's making me stay with the NRS... then I rode the muscle...very easy bike compared to the NRS... and that's why I prefer from far my NRS !!!!! that's my opinion... one will get bored with the muscle much sooner than with the NRS..

1 - 20 of 42 Posts