Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

New here...hi to all! Getting my Muscle in the next few weeks. :deal: Moving from a ZX-14! :banghead: Keeping both for a bit. Just to be safe! :moped:

OK.

I love the sound of the V&H slip-ons... 2 into 1 to loud for me. With the V&H slip-ons on do you need a Fuel Pak/PC5/Scream'in eagle Tuner or just slip them on and ride? What's right and proper for the bike?

What's best Fuel Pak cause it's V&H....or.... is PC5 or Scream'in Eagle Tuner better? :stilpoke:

Is best basic set upupgrade....V&H slip-ons. K&N filter and tuner......whichever tuner you guys say is best. Is this the best basic upgrade?

I appreciate any help to these questions as I am new to the Harley Muscle world. :notworth:

Please and thanks....nice to meet you all.

Rick

·
Registered
818 Posts
Hi,

New here...hi to all! Getting my Muscle in the next few weeks. :deal: Moving from a ZX-14! :banghead: Keeping both for a bit. Just to be safe! :moped:

OK.

I love the sound of the V&H slip-ons... 2 into 1 to loud for me. With the V&H slip-ons on do you need a Fuel Pak/PC5/Scream'in eagle Tuner or just slip them on and ride? What's right and proper for the bike?

What's best Fuel Pak cause it's V&H....or.... is PC5 or Scream'in Eagle Tuner better? :stilpoke:

Is best basic set upupgrade....V&H slip-ons. K&N filter and tuner......whichever tuner you guys say is best. Is this the best basic upgrade?

I appreciate any help to these questions as I am new to the Harley Muscle world. :notworth:

Please and thanks....nice to meet you all.

Rick
The tuner you want is the one you feel most comfortable with after reading thru the EFI section. PC V owners will tell you T Max is junk, T Max owners will tell you PC V is junk or the fuelpak is bad....

My advice if you are not going to make any other changes to the engine or do not want any adjustability then what your stock ECM will provide then get the HD Super Tuner. If you want end user adjustabilty at home then look at another setup that you are comfortable with and in the end will make you happy. Again read thru the EFI section.

I run the PC V and I am "NOW" very happy with my setup.

·
Registered
164 Posts
strictly a matter of personal preference. with the slip on set up you are looking to run you can get great results using any of the above mentioned tuner options. the PCV is far more user friendly and offers lots of feedback from the website as well as different maps that can be made from custom tune or even exchanged from those on this website that are running a similar set up and have had good results.( If they are willing to share them.. ) also its really easy to install. the HD SUPER Tuner is not a piggyback device, so it requires a tuner that knows what he/she is doing. however with the proper Dyno tuner it has been known to provide even more substantial optimization than the piggy back devices. but there are not as many people familiar with setting them up so you are at the mercy of the learning curve . not to mention the huge warranty ??????? that has been debated of using any tuning device other than the HD super tuner voids the warranty, but the HD super tuner does not due to the fact it has a HD part number###.again this is a rumor about the warranty issue and its been debated often. so in the end as said, it comes down to personal preference . i too came from 20 years of sport bikes to the power cruiser class, so i was looking to get away from the speed. although the muscle is fast by Harley Davidson standards it by no means is anywhere near the super bike/sport bike numbers you are getting from your current ZX 14, or i was achieving from my super bikes. so with that said, i personally was not out for speed, just simple optimization and removing as much as the factory restrictions as possible. i found that the HD super tuner with the proper Dyno tech does this very well. so its my personal preference. but in the end i would not consider it better than the others just personal preference. go with whichever you prefer. another good thing about the PC V is that you can always remove it and put it on another bike if you choose. this is not the case with the HD Tuner. Good Luck.

·
Registered Boozer
1,529 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts