Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Ride hard die hard
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have yet to really find the answer I'm looking for. But I want to lower the bike and still keep it firm enough to support 2 up. Which won't be often. So say I got a 13in shock (stock right?) I could get a custom spring that would only be 12 inches. That would set my ride height, since thats what the spring does. In turn would drop my bike 1 inch. So what other shocks can fit the vrod muscle not based on length, but the same diameter shock mount(where the bolt goes through). I'm sure shocks say for the xr1200 wouldn't work due to weight, plus I think they are way way longer, but I'm no expert. I honestly would like to get a set of ohlins for my bike, but they only make them for the xr1200. Ah what to do what to do.

thanks for any input
Jesse

·
Registered
34 Posts
You can get Ricor Shocks. And they Custom make them to your Weight and Riding Style. They Really improve the ride and handling of the bike.

·
Ride hard die hard
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Revo contact Howard from motorcycle metal in Florida he is hooking me up with ohlins for my muscle. He has been great to deal with. He is an ohlins service centre.
lol I can see we have the same taste....Thanks man! I think I will black it out though....maybe idk yet. Mind if I ask how much?

·
Ride hard die hard
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow seems like he has some sweet ideas for the vrod judging by the badass drawings he has on his wall in the fork pic!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I can tell you from experience that the Progressive 412's will NOT do it.

·
Ride hard die hard
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
REVO your right we have the same taste. I have a 2010 RSV4 Aprilia and Im already ahead of you on the black out. I ordered with a gloss black spring and have spoken to my painter about blacking out the top part of the shock. Ill PM you the price.
Wow man rsv4 huh? You are obviously more fortunate than me lol. I will have one of my own eventually! Going to bed now but will check into your links tomorrow. Thanks
Man and everyone else... Ride safe!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts