Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Life's good
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After looking at the pics, I am with you an that. What the fukc was I thinking? Guess, I am just desperate to change that ah so fukcly rear of my DX. I figured, after removing the dogsass, it would go well with my 260. I was wrong. Any suggestions, let me know.

·
day dreaming...
1,795 Posts
Axel, I think if you put back the dogass and trim it to license plate size it would look better. the license plate being narrower than the tire would give a visual effect of a wider tire. At least that what I do with mine.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,353 Posts

·
I see dead people
1,045 Posts
:them: I had a DX and thought that rear fender was ugly. Way too big for the tire, trimmed the plate holder down to nothin and even put a 260 Metz on to fill the space, didn't work. Needed to be shorter and show off the tire, Hence the F fender. Works great for me. Beauty is in the eye......

·
Life's good
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:them: I had a DX and thought that rear fender was ugly. Way too big for the tire, trimmed the plate holder down to nothin and even put a 260 Metz on to fill the space, didn't work. Needed to be shorter and show off the tire, Hence the F fender. Works great for me. Beauty is in the eye......
Got pics??

·
DENIM=TRUE DARKNESS
380 Posts
I went to a local dealer and found two used DX's and one had the muscle fender on it, UGLY UGLY UGLY i say. NO WAY, i wouldnt let my buddy ride like that lol. I took pics soooooo i may post them up but the bike is trashy lookin i think.

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
Yes. Get the sub frame from a 2007 D, which fits the wide frame, and then you can put the narrow fender on it. My subframe is on the way from the US.

·
Wick
546 Posts
Axel, I think if you put back the dogass and trim it to license plate size it would look better. the license plate being narrower than the tire would give a visual effect of a wider tire. At least that what I do with mine.
:them:

Attachments

·
Registered
279 Posts
I went to a local dealer and found two used DX's and one had the muscle fender on it, UGLY UGLY UGLY i say. NO WAY, i wouldnt let my buddy ride like that lol. I took pics soooooo i may post them up but the bike is trashy lookin i think.

I think I saw the one you are talking about at that same dealer...it was all trashed and they were asking something stupid like 15k for it...It (that paticular bike) looked horrible.

I got some pics too, I just have to find them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I like it.

Will the narrow fender fit on a 2007 DX. You increased your tire size for that look. I already have a 240 but want the narrow fender.
Has anyone done this?

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
Doing it now. Bits coming. Will report back. Basically you need the 2007 VRSCD inner fender. That fits the wide frame (which all 2007 bikes had) and the narrow fender (which the D had). Oh, and the narrow dog's ass.

Bits should be on their way across the Atlantic in the next few days.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts