Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Why does no one make the radiator grill for the Muscle anymore? I've searched for two years since I bought the bike and can't find any. Does anyone have Lil Emery grills or Bicep radiator armor laying around they want to sell? Or any other ideas? I tried to mock some up out of gutter grills and it just didn't look or fit right. Thanks

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yeah, I've been looking as well. Maybe if enough people request, someone will make a run of some.

·
Departed the Fix.
5,206 Posts
Why does no one make the radiator grill for the Muscle anymore?
Because it's a dead bike with limited appeal and parts/add-on's from it usually don't fit other models?

Or any other ideas?
Find a someone who has a pair of Lil Emory's and bribe them to allow you to borrow and use them as a template when the weather goes bad and their bike's in the garage for the winter.

Or, talk to Bicep and see if you can talk him into making a set of his armor for you (which I have, and it's awesome.)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Because it's a dead bike with limited appeal and parts/add-on's from it usually don't fit other models?

Seems these were hard to find going back even three years ago. I just find it hard to believe the companies that were making them don't have any laying around. Nothing on eBay or Amazon even.

Find a someone who has a pair of Lil Emory's and bribe them to allow you to borrow and use them as a template when the weather goes bad and their bike's in the garage for the winter.

Or, talk to Bicep and see if you can talk him into making a set of his armor for you (which I have, and it's awesome.)
Bicep shows that his username is banned from this forum. I did find an email address for him but never heard anything back. Do you have any methods of contact with him from where you bought yours?

I'm the lone Muscle owner around here as far as I can tell. I've never seen another one around and always get grief from other Harley owners on why I have one, to begin with. If I ever come across someone with a Muscle that has the Lil Emery I will for sure do what I can to borrow for a template.

·
Departed the Fix.
5,206 Posts
Bicep shows that his username is banned from this forum. I did find an email address for him but never heard anything back. Do you have any methods of contact with him from where you bought yours?

I'm the lone Muscle owner around here as far as I can tell. I've never seen another one around and always get grief from other Harley owners on why I have one, to begin with. If I ever come across someone with a Muscle that has the Lil Emery I will for sure do what I can to borrow for a template.
Check your PM's.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If there is a possibility to by a set radiator grill covers for the Muscle, I am in !

·
Departed the Fix.
5,206 Posts
The only thing I could think of is that you could try to get in touch with the guys at Ghostrider and see if they have a contact for who used to make them for the F. They're pretty explicit on their website that they no longer carry them, but you never know if they might be willing to help you out.

Also, here are a few other links that might give you contacts or ideas on how to do them yourself......

https://www.facebook.com/VrodGrills/?ref=py_c

https://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149532

https://www.bikernet.com/pages/Lil_Emery_to_the_Rescue_Grilleing_the_VRod.aspx

·
Registered
108 Posts
The only thing I could think of is that you could try to get in touch with the guys at Ghostrider and see if they have a contact for who used to make them for the F. They're pretty explicit on their website that they no longer carry them, but you never know if they might be willing to help you out.

Also, here are a few other links that might give you contacts or ideas on how to do them yourself......

https://www.facebook.com/VrodGrills/?ref=py_c

https://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149532

https://www.bikernet.com/pages/Lil_Emery_to_the_Rescue_Grilleing_the_VRod.aspx
I will never buy another part from gr customs. They slammed our president, and apologized to Canada for him and told them only a small percentage of people in the US voted for him. This was on their Facebook page and when it started to blow up on them, they took it down. I have multiple orders with then in the past but no more from me.

I did find the website for Lil Emery which states they are coming back soon but has no date on when they closed or when they may be back. I have sent multiple emails to them asking about the covers and have not had any response.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i got mine from Ghost Customs a few years ago and they were absolutely fine, they even gave me a T-Shirt and send it all the package to Peru...
the grills never gave me problems...

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
I will never buy another part from gr customs. They slammed our president, and apologized to Canada for him and told them only a small percentage of people in the US voted for him. This was on their Facebook page and when it started to blow up on them, they took it down. I have multiple orders with then in the past but no more from me.

I did find the website for Lil Emery which states they are coming back soon but has no date on when they closed or when they may be back. I have sent multiple emails to them asking about the covers and have not had any response.
Geeze, I wonder why?
Ron

·
Registered
51 Posts

I have a set that I removed. My fan seemed to be kicking on at lower outside temperature, so I removed. Now, I'm not sure it that was the cause.

For years I had Vance & Hines, 2-into-2 mufflers and K&N filter with PowerVision tuner.

I experimented with several tunes, but now have just filter with stock-enhanced tune (removed mufflers...too loud).

Question: Is there a better tune that will help my bike run cooler? According to PowerVision temperature reading, I'm constantly at or above 214 degrees....jumping to 223 degrees or more at long stoplights.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have a set that I removed. My fan seemed to be kicking on at lower outside temperature, so I removed. Now, I'm not sure it that was the cause.

For years I had Vance & Hines, 2-into-2 mufflers and K&N filter with PowerVision tuner.

I experimented with several tunes, but now have just filter with stock-enhanced tune (removed mufflers...too loud).

Question: Is there a better tune that will help my bike run cooler? According to PowerVision temperature reading, I'm constantly at or above 214 degrees....jumping to 223 degrees or more at long stoplights.
Sent you a pm. I would be interested in your grilles if you want to sell them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Me too have send you a PM ......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts