Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents and Ladies,
I am riding with about 15 guys tomorrow, all with after market exhaust etc. I have about 12 hours to make my stock exhaust louder and make it respectable. I was thinking about drilling holes in the caps, I read about that in earlier threads. Any suggestions. I don't want to screw up the performance. Thanks

·
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD
1,164 Posts
Gents and Ladies,
I am riding with about 15 guys tomorrow, all with after market exhaust etc. I have about 12 hours to make my stock exhaust louder and make it respectable. I was thinking about drilling holes in the caps, I read about that in earlier threads. Any suggestions. I don't want to screw up the performance. Thanks
See the link in my signature line. Drilling sounds decent and you don't have to re-tune!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, seems like a lot of work to do in a short amount of time with all the welding etc.
I also saw the TAB pipes and tuner you put on....is that the auto tuner or the one you have to adjust manually? Any recommendations?

·
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD
1,164 Posts
Thanks, seems like a lot of work to do in a short amount of time with all the welding etc.
I also saw the TAB pipes and tuner you put on....is that the auto tuner or the one you have to adjust manually? Any recommendations?
Its the auto tuner. I used to have the manual tuner and it ran good too. The auto tuner is way better because you just hook it up and it adapts to all conditions you throw at it. hot weather, cold weather, Baffles, no baffles, air cleaner, stock air cleaner, pipes of any make, It reads the current state of the O2 sensors and adjusts to whatever your setup is.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I had a funny experience yesterday.

I have the original exhaust on - was parked at the local post office, came out after doing my business and of course there was a crowd waiting for me.

Reason being is that i have the only Muscle in the town - so of course some guy starts saying stuff like "I never liked Harleys - but I really like this"
A conversation ensued, dropped the name "Porsche" etc all good, untill I went to ride off.

Started it up, and all the faces changed - I heard things like "Dosnt sound like a Harley", "Hardley hear it", "Sounds like a BMW".

Kinda deflated me a bit - the reall bummer is around here the police just love to give "Yellow stickers / un-road-worthy tickets" then you have the hassle of having to have it examinded etc.

And up here the top end of Australia - I can take me 2 - 4 weeks to book into a vehicle check.

So Im kinda stuck with the standard sound.

I have a set of V&H slip-ons coming - I am hoping they make a bit of difference - without being too noticeable to the police.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Me and my cousin ordering soon ! They sound great! I feel ya pain ! Vivid black no pipes ain't all that !!

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm debating v&h slip on or Tab slip ons.....I'm leaning towards tabs because they seem louder.....any suggestions?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm debating v&h slip on or Tab slip ons.....I'm leaning towards tabs because they seem louder.....any suggestions?
Bassani B1s for the win!! I have these and they look and sound awesome! Plus they come with a removable baffle in case you want them even louder.

·
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD
1,164 Posts

I have the original exhaust on - was parked at the local post office, came out after doing my business and of course there was a crowd waiting for me.

Reason being is that i have the only Muscle in the town - so of course some guy starts saying stuff like "I never liked Harleys - but I really like this"
A conversation ensued, dropped the name "Porsche" etc all good, untill I went to ride off.

Started it up, and all the faces changed - I heard things like "Dosnt sound like a Harley", "Hardley hear it", "Sounds like a BMW".

Kinda deflated me a bit - the reall bummer is around here the police just love to give "Yellow stickers / un-road-worthy tickets" then you have the hassle of having to have it examinded etc.

And up here the top end of Australia - I can take me 2 - 4 weeks to book into a vehicle check.

I have a set of V&H slip-ons coming - I am hoping they make a bit of difference - without being too noticeable to the police.
Th V&H slips are going to be very noticeable to the police. Its too bad that you guys have to deal with that there in AUST. If you do wind up getting annoyed with being harassed by the PO-PO Try drilling your exhaust. The good thing about drilling is that it can be welded back up to return to stock or plugging hole by hole will get you back to a more acceptable Volume.

·
Good Muthafarka
11,223 Posts

I have seen adjustable valves or sumthing that someone on here had, opens aand closes up the exhuast on demand........that would be an idea with your copper dramas........

·
on the hwy to hell
5,025 Posts
I have seen adjustable valves or sumthing that someone on here had, opens aand closes up the exhuast on demand........that would be an idea with your copper dramas........
guess it's different in different parts of OZ ? we can pretty much get away with anything here in Texas, you can hear crotch rockets coming miles away

·
Good Muthafarka
11,223 Posts
guess it's different in different parts of OZ ? we can pretty much get away with anything here in Texas, you can hear crotch rockets coming miles away

Not sure about different for parts of OZ just depends the mood of the copper !!!

Your local laws being flexible can be good and bad !!!!hahah

·
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD
1,164 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Bassani slip ons are the go, 10 minutes to fit and you dont look like every one else with Tabs or V&H, No tuner and a deep note

·
Registered
152 Posts
Tony, Holden do an exhaust for their cars that is similar, its called a Bi Modaul exhaust. Silent when cruising but give it the beans
over 3000 RPM it turns into Mr Hyde and screams its lungs out

·
Good Muthafarka
11,223 Posts
Tony, Holden do an exhaust for their cars that is similar, its called a Bi Modaul exhaust. Silent when cruising but give it the beans
over 3000 RPM it turns into Mr Hyde and screams its lungs out
I have seen some cars with it on.......i dare say big dough also.....

·
FFFWD
765 Posts
Bassani slip ons are the go, 10 minutes to fit and you dont look like every one else with Tabs or V&H, No tuner and a deep note
:them:
And you can make louder by slicing the tape that wraps the baffles. If it's too much then you can just re-tape them.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

1 - 19 of 19 Posts