Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys am planning on lowering my new v rod muscle am a newbie, so could i get some advices on what are the my best choices. Plus how many inches should i go with, and if it is neccessary to lower the front of the bike too etc thanks

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
many choose Arnotts or other air rides for the coolness factor and being able to adjust ride height on a whim. Others have their stock shocks cut down an inch in the rear.
There really isn't any right or wrong on whether you lower the front or not. The handling of the bike would be less impacted if you lower front and rear equally, but for most riders it would be a non issue.
Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your reply JBerry3rd. What shall I go with 12 or 12.5 and for the fronts which ones are better Fork Lowering Kit or Fork Spring kit.

·
Registered
117 Posts
how much wold u b looking at to do a rear air ride?

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,388 Posts
for the fronts which ones are better Fork Lowering Kit or Fork Spring kit.
Personal preference --- I have the fork spring kit which keeps the full travel of the front forks and then lowered my front end 1" via dropping them thru the triple trees and others just buy the lowered spring kits but will lose an inch of travel in the front forks which I don't believe has been an issue.

·
Registered
68 Posts
You probably will scrape and when you are fast cornering that isn't a good thing. Although, I think the bike would look bad to the bone slammed to the ground. Thought about it. Good luck whichever way you decide.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts