Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a few more risers that are 1.25" thick, this allows you 2 good things
1. the bars are closer to you making it more comfy and
2. you can slide the tubes up into the trees farther and lower the front end up to about 1.35" to 1.80" or less depending on your taste or dont lower it its your choice.The deal includes the polished 1.25" or 1.75" inch riser, 2 new longer bolts (with the new bolts and riser you wont need anything else to finish the job) and shipping for just $50 bucks for the 1.25 and $70 for the 1.75. Way cheaper then buying lowering springs for the front or a riser from someone.
I'm not looking to make much (with the metal, shipping, drill bits (they go quick with this thick stuff) , grinding pad, polishing pads, rouge for my buffer wheel and polishing compound it adds up. But since so many guys were interested i thot i would make a few for whomever wanted one especially since i cant find anyone who sells them????
NOTE: the cables and wires will work just fine with the riser on so no need to worry about needing new wiring, cable, lines or having to take that stuff apart. Simply remove the bars turn upside down and set them on the front fender (put a towel under it so you dont scratch it) put on the riser put the bars back on and tighten the new longer bolts (you may want a helper to hold stuff in to make it easier but their not needed) then if you like loosen and slide the fork tube up to lower the front end.
after the install there is a gap between the speedo and the headlight and forum member "lastinline"sells a cover for that really inexspensive.
If you interested PM me and ill give you my paypal account email address and will ship them out quick. paul

Riser install video

·
on the hwy to hell
5,025 Posts
This is really a fantastic product folks, being one of the first few people to get in on this great mod I'm totally satisfied with how it works and improvement of riding position, highly recommend no F should be without, hey Tony, you could even paint it BLACK!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Gotta get this soon, only had my bike a couple weeks so mod money is tight!

·
Good Muthafarka
11,223 Posts
Did someone say Black ?????

Hahaha...good job guys...love this place.....shame my knucles drag on the ground or this mod would be an excellent easy do !!!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Jams ... best money you will spend !!!! and Tony what ya mean ... you tall ????

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
GOLD .... we all are bro ... why the boss makes me wax my back !!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
HANNY

I just bought myself a muscle and have only joined this forum. The bike is awesome. However I am only 5ft 8" and I feel a bit stretched when riding it.

What size would riser would you recommend? I am very keen to purchase one.

What sort of pullback gain would one may expect with the two sizes?

Thanks.

I made a few more risers that are 1.25" thick, this allows you 2 good things
1. the bars are closer to you making it more comfy and
2. you can slide the tubes up into the trees farther and lower the front end up to about 1.35" to 1.80" or less depending on your taste or dont lower it its your choice.The deal includes the polished 1.25" or 1.75" inch riser, 2 new longer bolts (with the new bolts and riser you wont need anything else to finish the job) and shipping for just $50 bucks for the 1.25 and $70 for the 1.75. Way cheaper then buying lowering springs for the front or a riser from someone.
I'm not looking to make much (with the metal, shipping, drill bits (they go quick with this thick stuff) , grinding pad, polishing pads, rouge for my buffer wheel and polishing compound it adds up. But since so many guys were interested i thot i would make a few for whomever wanted one especially since i cant find anyone who sells them????
NOTE: the cables and wires will work just fine with the riser on so no need to worry about needing new wiring, cable, lines or having to take that stuff apart. Simply remove the bars turn upside down and set them on the front fender (put a towel under it so you dont scratch it) put on the riser put the bars back on and tighten the new longer bolts (you may want a helper to hold stuff in to make it easier but their not needed) then if you like loosen and slide the fork tube up to lower the front end.
after the install there is a gap between the speedo and the headlight and forum member "lastinline"sells a cover for that really inexspensive.
If you interested PM me and ill give you my paypal account email address and will ship them out quick. paul

Riser install video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLYKwqItXCs

·
Registered
544 Posts
So what size is best ??

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
FYI ..... i am spot on 5-8 or 172 cm where i from and even the 1'' risers helped me out awesome ........ !!!!!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Cool so I'll need the 1.25 .. Howmuch shipped to south australia ? Do you have paypal? Suppose I have to order a speedo cover now ....
Cheers , damien

·
Registered
5 Posts
Watto883

I am 5 foot 8" also and I have just ordered the 1.75" from Hanny. I had the opportunity to sit on one which had the 1.25" riser here in Perth and whilst it was great help, I felt I needed just that bit more to make it right and when you are talking about a 0.5" (1.27cm) difference, I personnaly think the 1.75" will do it for me whilst keeping the look....my 10 cents.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Cheers I'm 6'2 so I'll be right , looking forward to lowering the front ....

·
Registered
544 Posts
Thanks mate already pm'd him ( I'm on a shopping spree today , just ordered arnotts in the group buy aswell ) :)

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
BURNOUTBOY ......... another South Aussie .... where ya living bro ????........ meeting up with oz this saturday probably at Peter Stevens for a ride if ya keen !!!!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Haha yep Gawler mate I'd def do a ride but in breaking in a new jetski this weekend ... (beenhanging out for some sun !)Ride "safe"ly....

1 - 20 of 144 Posts