Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone modified the Muscles front signals from steady "on" to blinking only when activated by the turn signal control?
Can this be done???

·
Registered
37 Posts
It should be possible as here in Australia they only blink (we don't have running lights here - not sure why, but suspect it is law)

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
It should be as simple as disconnecting the pin for the running lights. I have done this to all my V-rods and never had a problem and can simply push the wire/pin back in to activate them if I had to.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It should be as simple as disconnecting the pin for the running lights. I have done this to all my V-rods and never had a problem and can simply push the wire/pin back in to activate them if I had to.
I'm pretty good with hardware stuff, but timid on wiring! Can you provide a quick geography lesson so I know where to find the pin(s), or should I invest in a manual at this point?

thx!

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
... Can you provide a quick geography lesson so I know where to find the pin(s), or should I invest in a manual at this point? ...
The published VRSCF front signal schematics aren't clear but I attached a picture that shows what should be there.

Connector [31] could have 6 terminal positions instead of the 5 as I show (position 6 would be another BK ground wire). The published schematic shows the front turn signal module with 4 wires going in (V, BE, BN, and BK) and 4 wires going out to connector [256] as shown. If you disconnect the BE (blue) wire in connector [31] position 3 that's going to the front turn signal module then the running light feature should be eliminated.

The front turn signal module, and connectors [31] and [256] are all under the left upper front side cover.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The published VRSCF front signal schematics aren't clear but I attached a picture that shows what should be there.

Connector [31] could have 6 terminal positions instead of the 5 as I show (position 6 would be another BK ground wire). The published schematic shows the front turn signal module with 4 wires going in (V, BE, BN, and BK) and 4 wires going out to connector [256] as shown. If you disconnect the BE (blue) wire in connector [31] position 3 that's going to the front turn signal module then the running light feature should be eliminated.

The front turn signal module, and connectors [31] and [256] are all under the left upper front side cover.
Thanks!

I'll try it this weekend.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Finally got around to doing it (been too cold to ride). Works perfectly, thx!

Added some Wizard lights too!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts