Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member and new bike . I want to transplant a VRSC Muscle airboxcover and vents onto my 2011 Night rod Special.

Any one done this, any problems any mods needed
Will it straight bolt up on my frame. I only want the airbox cover without any other mods to the bike.
Harley refer to the parts as "105" What is 105 and undercoat?..

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
I think the air box cover might mount right on. I tried one on my 06 Street Rod. I had to trim 3/4" from the length on each side of the rear mount for the fuel lines to come up under the seat. You have a newer bike, I would expect you have the same fuel line setup as the Muscle. So you may be OK. I will not be using the side vents and have no idea how they mount. Front mount is the same. Oh yea:vrodforu:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers Bret got any pics?

toyroc: they are a nice cover, But I really want the genuine look with the lines of the standard muscle tank.

P.S did you see the price on those parts..............they must be sniffing the fibreglass or something!

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
New member and new bike . I want to transplant a VRSC Muscle airboxcover and vents onto my 2011 Night rod Special.

Any one done this, any problems any mods needed
Will it straight bolt up on my frame. I only want the airbox cover without any other mods to the bike.
Harley refer to the parts as "105" What is 105 and undercoat?..

Cheers.
Hey Sinkers,

Keep me posted with what you come up with. I like the looks of the Muscle cover too. I wonder what it would take to do it. Have you priced any parts yet?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts