Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made this animation on how to release the tang for the terminal removal on the AMP MutiLock Connectors... figured I would post it here so people could find it.

The attached thumbnail shows a different view but is not animated.

Attachments

·
Friend of Max.
21,715 Posts
Great Job Joe. These are the connectors for the tail lights, front and rear turn signals.

Nice work.

:thumb:

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
mnerren said:
I never knew that it was called a Tang, reminds me of Tant.
Do you mean TAINT???:D

·
I used 2 B Disturbed
1,782 Posts
I get my "TAINT" off with one hand. Not difficult as mentioned in the other "TANG" thread. :angeldev:

·
Friend of Max.
21,715 Posts
A larger saftey pin is in my tool box.

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I started including a "Super High-Tech MultiLock Connector Tool" with all Stage 2 lights, after a customer suggestion. These work very well.....

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,248 Posts
excellent info. you guys are wonderfull. do you know how we can do same for female plug?
The animation shown is for the removal of female (or socket) terminals from the socket housing.

As to getting an animation of the removal of pin terminals from the pin housing, from what I've read lately, Joe (DrHeathenScum) is kind of busy so I wouldn't wait for him to do this and I don't think it's really necessary. Pin terminal removal is similar to socket terminal removal. You slide the pick tool within the recessed cavity of the pin housing below the pin terminal and press the latching tang down.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts