Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Paintless Rider
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to chase the threads and get new hex-head bolts that hold the stock mufflers together on an 02A. Does someone know the size of these. Had no luck with the cheap Harbor Freight die and tap set my friend had.

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
I'm not sure what hex-head bolts are used on the stock mufflers. There's a socket head screw used to hold the mufflers on the hanger: 3709M, this is a 8 mm X 1.25 mm pitch 20 mm long. If this isn't what you're referring to then you need to give more information.

·
Paintless Rider
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought my bike used, so I don't know if someone replaced the proper fasteners with something else. I know allen heads are used here on other bikes, but mine has hex head bolts. Someone could have replaced them, or maybe they didn't use allen heads on 02A's I am talking about the 2 bolts that hold the mufflers to each other.

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
parkus said:
I bought my bike used, so I don't know if someone replaced the proper fasteners with something else. I know allen heads are used here on other bikes, but mine has hex head bolts. Someone could have replaced them, or maybe they didn't use allen heads on 02A's I am talking about the 2 bolts that hold the mufflers to each other.
Sorry for the delay in answering (I was out-of-town for a few days).

There are four 3709M screws used on the stock exhaust. Two for the hanger and two to connect the two mufflers together.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts