Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,last mounth i was on the road and make an 1k miles in a week.After that i parked my 2005 vrsca vrod and after a mounth i found my bike with its battery has died but as soon as i chanced it with the new battery i could not stop the alarm.and I took my bike to harley dealer services and What they told me is my fob has died and ı dont know the password code because of the previous owner(he didnt know it too). Harley dealer told me that ı need to buy a new alarm module and this will be the only way to start my bike again. If there are any ways to start my bike please let me know.
Thanks.

·
Tie One On
1,647 Posts
sure this is for real ? seems it could be a stolen bike looking to get around the alarm

·
Registered
684 Posts
Hello,last mounth i was on the road and make an 1k miles in a week.After that i parked my 2005 vrsca vrod and after a mounth i found my bike with its battery has died but as soon as i chanced it with the new battery i could not stop the alarm.and I took my bike to harley dealer services and What they told me is my fob has died and ı dont know the password code because of the previous owner(he didnt know it too). Harley dealer told me that ı need to buy a new alarm module and this will be the only way to start my bike again. If there are any ways to start my bike please let me know.
Thanks.
what you might try is get close to your bike with the fob like normal but hold the fob close to it and just push the fob and hold the button down for about a minute and see if it programs it self back to the bike I had almost the same problem one time on a trip I got off the bike set the alarm when I came back to it nothing worked but the alarm would go off then I got lucky and had the fob real close to the motor and there was just enough charge in the battery to get the alarm off never used it again till I got home and changed the battery in my fob when I change battery in my fob I have to go next to the bike and hold the fob down until it programs it self to the bike I not for sure but I think the lights will flash when it is done it has been a while for me doing this I always change the battery in the fob now before going on a trip.

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
If your FOB is broke and you do not know the password to manually reset it then you buy a new tssm and FOB(s) period. Even Harley Davidson says this. It is to reduce the potential of theft.
'
Where is your alternate FOB and why don't you have a password? Both of these are a must have to prevent just the issue you have.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
İ was given only 1 fob and it is fully burned because of the previous owner lost it in traffic accident(fob was dropped in exhaust and burnt in there) so my fob has finished his life and ı was looking for a alternate ways to work it out. I was Living in Turkey and 1 alarm module system cost me 750£ and 1$=8₺ (turkish liras) which means a lot ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My 02 only came with 1 fob, it doesn't work. I pulled the battery a couple of days ago to check the plugs. No issues with the alarm.
Any way, thanks a lot i ordered a new alarm module from harley davidson. İ see that there are no other ways except that.

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
Make sure, when you get the new TSM/TSSM, that you get 2 FOBS and set the password to avoid this issue again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts