Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTF is up with the MSRP of the 11's being 14.9? I paid over 17 for mine. Total bullshit...

·
Registered
29 Posts
after taxes i paid 16 & change for mine, but remember the country is in a recesion, apparenthly even HD has to lower to sell! allthough, that is F'd up still.

·
09 vrscf
203 Posts
Throw some cold water in your face it is called sticker shock....

A few of us have experienced it...I bought my 09' in March to much disappointment this past July.

·
Registered
207 Posts
after taxes i paid 16 & change for mine, but remember the country is in a recesion, apparenthly even HD has to lower to sell! allthough, that is F'd up still.
If were in a reccession, then why is it only the VROD's went down in price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FU HD!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I paid msrp 9-17-08 (2 years ago today). I just look at it as the price I had to pay to have it first, and I have enjoyed longer then others.:dance:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Basic supply and demand. Sucks for those who paid more.

Try to forget it and enjoy your bike......

I think from now on, I'm just going to buy used and let the other guy take the depreciation. I like the bike and got a good price, but the dealer I purchased it from delivered a horrible experience. I go to a dealer the next town over.

Purchasing a few years used is a good way to go unless you absolutely have to have the latest and greatest ASAP.

·
Registered Boozer
1,529 Posts
WTF is up with the MSRP of the 11's being 14.9? I paid over 17 for mine. Total bullshit...
You are going to make yourself ill thinking about it.

As others have pointed out, it's just economic conditions and timing. These things happen, you move on and forget about it.

**** it lets ride.... amirite?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Basic supply and demand. Sucks for those who paid more.

Try to forget it and enjoy your bike......

I think from now on, I'm just going to buy used and let the other guy take the depreciation. I like the bike and got a good price, but the dealer I purchased it from delivered a horrible experience. I go to a dealer the next town over.

Purchasing a few years used is a good way to go unless you absolutely have to have the latest and greatest ASAP.
This.

Gotta buy the used one and save uself from the depreciation hit.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I wasn't smart enough to follow my own advice. I bought the muscle new in 09.

50% of my purchases in the past have been used bikes.

In the future I think 100% of my purchases will be used.

For a new bike or car, the "new" purchase experience should be nothing short of outstanding. The dealers need to do a better job if they want to continue to sell new vehicles.

My VROD Muscle purchase experience fell waay far short of that.

I still love the bike.

·
Registered
35 Posts
theres been only twice in last 5 years that I bought NEW cars. Both becasue the Dealer gave me HUGE discounts. abt 9k on the GTO and abt 12k on the CLK.

I am still in favor of buying used.

·
Throttle Happy!
797 Posts
I paid msrp 9-17-08 (2 years ago today). I just look at it as the price I had to pay to have it first, and I have enjoyed longer then others.:dance:
Same here, 09-15-08 for me and enjoying every minute of the past two years. :D

·
Throttle Happy!
797 Posts
You are going to make yourself ill thinking about it.

As others have pointed out, it's just economic conditions and timing. These things happen, you move on and forget about it.

**** it lets ride.... amirite?
Yes You Are!

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Wondering if those who complain about a price reduction would also complain about the addition of newer better features? Same effect, right? If HD were to release a V-Rod next year with more horsepower, less weight, longer cruising range, better suspension, or whatever, but keep the same price on the bike, would that not have the same effect?

·
Registered
31 Posts
If were in a reccession, then why is it only the VROD's went down in price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FU HD!
It is because the vrod sales are being hit the hardest by the recession. The other models sales are not being impacted like the vrod sales figures are. I heard they even shut down production of the plant for a while last year because sales are down so much.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts