Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
(.)(.)Modster(.)(.)
7,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious where the dealer should be at in pricing and thought I would get some opinions on people who bought their 08 AW's already. Do most dealers stick to MSRP, or is there still pricing over MSRP?

Should I expect to be able to negotiate under MSRP, especially if I wait until the snow flies?

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
2008 VRSCAWA (ABS) No Security, Dark Blue Pearl

MSRP = $17,795
Freight = $300
Net = $18095

My deal:

OTD price (no tax) = $17,000 (no freight, no setup, nothing extra)
Traded 2003 VRSCA w/9050 miles = ($10,000)
Net = My bike + $7000 :D

That was more than $3000 better than the best deal I could find in Florida. ($8000 better than the deal Rossmeyer's dealership quoted)

Bottom line, there are deals out there is you're willing to look and drive (1400 miles round trip for my deal).

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Of course it isn't an anniversary edition, I'm sure most dealers will consider them limited and want top dollar. Regardless, most dealers will discount any V-Rod at least $1000.

·
(.)(.)Modster(.)(.)
7,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow mjw, nice deal. So I should expect 1k or so off MSRP for a competitive dealer? That 2k is very nice on your deal, almost makes it worth shipping it.

I know my local HD dealer always goes above MRSP. They lost my deal for an 06 a couple of years ago, they called my bluff and wouldnt go below MSRP. Well the salesman sees me all the time when I bring in my 06 for service, so maybe this time he will know I'm not playing around.

Update:
I did drop by my dealer and they said they are a "MSRP dealer", so that's what I should expect. MJW who did you buy your bike from? I'd like to call them and see what they can do for me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got mine, 2008 AW anniversary, for msrp plus tax and tags. $19.2. no set up no shipping.

Some dealers think they can get 2500 over msrp becasue it is limited in number. I say let them see if they can get that in January.

Good luck.

·
Registered
145 Posts
My local dealer in California ( north of Los Angeles ) quoted me $21,542 OTD for the 105th anniversary unit on their floor . They think the copper color turned to gold .....

·
Ironbutt
886 Posts
nice deal mark!!

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
Spinedoc, most dealers are proud of the fact and advertise if they are MSRP dealers.

According to a recent announcement by HD, CEO Jim Ziemer, they are cutting back on production because of diminshed sales. Intermittent plant closures have been scheduled and a reduced numbers of bikes are being shipped. Share prices are down, record numbers of shares are being traded due to this and dealers in the US are reporting that sales have fallen sharply in August.

My guess is, if you are willing to wait there will be deals to be had. Usually in the new year. As seen lately, interest rates go up, economics change and toys and non essentials are usually the first things to go. Sales of new bikes usually decline when this happens.

·
(.)(.)Modster(.)(.)
7,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ended up getting an 08 with security and ABS for 17,835 out the door, I thought it was a pretty good deal, especially after calling over 40 dealers around me. I'll have to go 130 miles to get it, but that's a small price to pay.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I got an annivesary edition with security (no ABS) for $17063. That included shipping and setup. For anybody that got ABS, was it worth the extra $800?

Ken

·
"A" model citizen
1,615 Posts
18,100.00 out list price at me stealership, and if I was gonna get one I would spring for the ABS
I think.
any opinions on the ABS yet???

·
Registered
69 Posts
CTMorgan111 said:
18,100.00 out list price at me stealership, and if I was gonna get one I would spring for the ABS
I think.
any opinions on the ABS yet???
Unfortunately ABS wasn't possible with the deal I got. :(

·
Registered
163 Posts
Personally, I would never pay anything more than $500 under MSRP for a VRod.

I paid $15,495 for the DX last June.

+ TTL

·
70's drag racer
581 Posts
They are selling before they arrive round here. I got mine for MSRP + $300 for shipping and prep etc..:spank: Thank you, May I have another?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts