Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the new Mr. Clean AutoDry carwash system and used it this afternoon on my bike.
Whoa, was that easy!
It's getting rare to get a product that lives up to it's hype, but this product does. I didn't have a single spot and saved probably an hour with all the chrome I used to have to dry.
About $20 at AutoZone.

·
Will Work For Mod $$
2,866 Posts
I heard it worked great. My question was how long does the filter which eliminates the hard water deposits last and how much does it cost to replace? Does anyone know??

·
Wretched Excess.....
2,067 Posts
Replacement filters are $5 to $6 at discount stores. I bought my whole set at Sams Club for arount $19 and it came with full size refills for the soap and filter. I think the full size cartridges are good for about 10 car washes so you can probably double that for your bike. Most stores have the starter packages which provides sample sizes of the soap and filters (3 washes I think). I have not tried using the soap yet but the auto dry rinse function works pretty good. The key is to rinse the hell out of your bike. You need to displace all of the regular water with the de-ionized water created by the filter. De-ionized water is devoid of the the minerals that cause water spotting. If you don't displace all of the normal water, you will wind up with spotting. When I tested it, I washed the bike one evening and put it up wet. When I checked it in the morning, it looked pretty good. My problem was water that was suspended under the tank eventually dripped off, leaving a spot or 2 on the side cases. Not a big deal. I first tried out de-ionized water rinsing a few years ago with a product called the "revolutionizer". I think they are still available through the "as seen on TV" web sites. It worked excellent on my truck which is jet black. In retrospect, I should have bought another one of these just for the name.....Don't you agree??.....

·
Registered
696 Posts
Wal-Mart has them for $18

·
skin changer
824 Posts
Thanks guys for the information...I'll get some of that stuff...probably in the next few days..
I put 1700 miles on my bike and haven't washed it yet...but I got caught in the rain Sunday night and again this afternoon....now it's time for a good wash job and I was looking for a good and easy way to do it.
You came through just in time... :thumb:

·
Registered
765 Posts
I bought one tonight. I'll be using it...soon (everytime I try to wash my bike, I end up going for a ride on it instead!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts