Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 2014 muscle in April, was excited to take her out so I did quite a few times. The guy I bought it from seemed like someone who takes care if their things, so I just cleaned the dust off, polish here and there and rode it for 2 months now. Today I decided to open up the compartments seeing how he did say he put a K&N filter on and installed a PCV, so I was curious how well he did things. So I open up to air box and there is a giant mouse nest surrounding about 2/3 of the air filter. Obviously it's clean as a whistle now, and have yet to take her out again, but that could significantly effect performance, correct? The filter did a fine job of filtering, as the inside was spotless of mouse debris and any duse in general. Should I be concerned about anything at this point?

·
Banned
5,281 Posts

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
I bought my 2014 muscle in April, was excited to take her out so I did quite a few times. The guy I bought it from seemed like someone who takes care if their things, so I just cleaned the dust off, polish here and there and rode it for 2 months now. Today I decided to open up the compartments seeing how he did say he put a K&N filter on and installed a PCV, so I was curious how well he did things. So I open up to air box and there is a giant mouse nest surrounding about 2/3 of the air filter. Obviously it's clean as a whistle now, and have yet to take her out again, but that could significantly effect performance, correct? The filter did a fine job of filtering, as the inside was spotless of mouse debris and any duse in general. Should I be concerned about anything at this point?
Should be fine. Do a cleanup and move on.
Ron

·
Premium Member
2,911 Posts
Rats, Tassies off his Lithium again !

Tassie are you off your very important Lithium Meds again ? I had to go do a big burnout and a 85 Mph pass on the very twisty Lake Drive by my house just to shake that damn song out of my head ! You owe me $ 47.50 for lost rear tire rubber and, well the 85 Mph pass was cool so no charge for that. TAKE YOUR MEDS !!! So 14Revolution as a former Ma$$hole I would suggest you look at your wire harness very carefully for nibble marks from said mice, those little bastards can really Fk some wiring up. The new Lexus cars have a "green" wiring harness made from - yup, you guessed it - FOOD ! Yes, derived from soybean wiring insulation. Rodents think FOOD and eat all of it. Makes a guy late for work, once. Anyway chances are no problem with your wiring but check it out, an ounce of prevention - is worth a pound of friggin' field mice. :blahblah: :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.