Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 14 1/4" Works shocks just arrived. How do I mount them? The bolt at the top of the stock shock doesn't budge. Is it held in by some locknut on the other side?

Do I need to remove the rear fender or do some major surgery before I can get the old shocks off?

thanks
Paul

·
Registered
74 Posts
The top bolts were real tight on mine too. In addition they had some form of Loc-tite on them. I had to take mine off with a torque wrench for the extra leverage. Just be sure to take notice of the spacers. The ones on the top right are different than those on the top left. You shouldn't have to remove the rear fender.

·
Registered
494 Posts
BigDx said:
My 14 1/4" Works shocks just arrived. How do I mount them? The bolt at the top of the stock shock doesn't budge. Is it held in by some locknut on the other side?

Do I need to remove the rear fender or do some major surgery before I can get the old shocks off?

thanks
Paul
Just put a long handle ratchet or breaker bar w/socket on the bolt and have your way with it . . . it'll come loose.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys - the new shocks are on. I'll give them a test on Sunday. Man, its great to be able to flat foot whilst sitting on the bike.

Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts