Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,

can anyone shed some light on the mounting of Bub 2 into 2 jugg huggers onto a DX?

I don't have the bike here and a customer is trying to mount them on his DX and is having a hard time figuring it all out... here is a pic of the mounting kit that came with the pipes? does he use his stock DX bracket or the AW bracket?

Thanks - Sharkey

Attachments

·
Blowin' Smoke
2,647 Posts
Sharkey, I'm no DX expert, but do have a set of Jugg huggers for my '02. The black plate is used to bolt the two pipes together using the four included bolts and nuts, and four of the washers. I hate to tell you that this kit looks exactly like the kit that came with mine, thus I believe that the other two bolts and four washers are meant to mount the bottom pipe to the A style slide bracket. I also see some spacers (use these to elevate the bottom pipe a bit and avoid dragging in the corners (note that these two mounting bolts are longer)), and plugs for the O2 bungs.

Conclusion: he needs the AW bracket.

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have sent him the AW bracket and still he is having a difficult time having everything line up???

I will pass the info along...

Thanks very much

·
Blowin' Smoke
2,647 Posts
How is the AW bracket different than the older A bracket? Mine bolted right up...The routine goes something like this: mount the bottom pipe to the front head leaving it loose and bolt it to the slide bracket (the AW bracket is a slide bracket?). Don't tighten anything yet. mount the plate to the inside (toward the bike) of the bottom pipe leaving it loose enough to adjust. Now mount the top pipe to the rear head (just snug, not tight) and hang it on the plate you just mounted on the bottom pipe. Rearrange everything to suit you while you can move it around, then tighten the collar nuts on the front cylinder to spec. Then tighten the slide bracket bolts (spacers?). Make sure the rear pipe still seats well into the exhaust port (may need to adjust the mounting at the square plate) and tighten the collar nuts to spec. Now, last but not forgotten, tighten all the bolts on the plate. Insert ear plugs and fire it up.

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they are not different...... just a superceding part number...

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
How is the AW bracket different than the older A bracket? Mine bolted right up...
no difference that I can see.. *the shiny piece is an "add-on" not stock

1 - 7 of 7 Posts