Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just cleaning under my new V-rod. I noticed some sort of mount bracket located on the front edge of the plate (that protects the fuel tank) on the underside. Any one know what this is for?

The only option I can think of for this mount is the security siren that my bike does not have (yet).

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
I think it is for the California models with the charcoal canister.

·
4,638 Posts
wild-t said:
Was just cleaning under my new V-rod. I noticed some sort of mount bracket located on the front edge of the plate (that protects the fuel tank) on the underside. Any one know what this is for?

The only option I can think of for this mount is the security siren that my bike does not have (yet).
It's there If you want to carry your V-ROD on top of the family station wagon.....Quick release....... :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Darn! and I could have used that when I Picked up my bike in WI!! ;-)

PS. Ricky G...Like your Pic collection. :thumb:

·
MASTER VR TECH
1,777 Posts
Yes it is for Cal. model canisters. I had the same quest. at one time. The security mounts to the rear of the fuel mod. Between the splash guard and inner fender. If you look in front of the rear wheel, you will see a plastic piece. This is the splash guard. On it you will see a mold for a siren. The security is under yor passenger pillion. Later SKI.

·
4,638 Posts
wild-t said:
Darn! and I could have used that when I Picked up my bike in WI!! ;-)

PS. Ricky G...Like your Pic collection. :thumb:
Your Welcome.....

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was woundering where the security siren was placed. Thanks skirod.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts