Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
The Massive Pr1ck
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ceased operations today. What a shame. I'm keeping mine. Sure not getting rid of the fastest production bagger in history.

·
Banned
5,281 Posts
Any idea how many they sold?

·
Banned
5,281 Posts
X ray specs??????????

·
Asatruar
2,938 Posts

·
The Massive Pr1ck
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can say that they seemed pretty stoked about the new bike rollout at Barber Vintage Festival this year, so I tend to believe that it was unexpected.

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
One awesome bike ! I can only imagine not enough MikeinATL's to buy them - hopefully they will regroup and continue forward - sometimes that's what it takes !

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
The ALL NEW H-D "Double V Twin" Sport Tourer and Streetfighter

So of course now this conversation goes right back to the H-D loop. Here in Motus you've got an exclusive, excellent sport touring machine - very fast, smooth, good looking. OK, yea - so guys say stuff like " well my Honda / Suzuki / Kawasaki / Yamaha - GT ST 1100 1300 Whatever bike does most of what the Motus does and has traction control, anti-skid brakes, plug in shaver receptacle and bigger couch seat for the Mrs., bla bla bla. It's like the new KIA car is a almost like the BMW - well yea, but it's still a South Korean KIA. H-D has always sold less bike for more money - the made in the U.S.A. myth, the heritage of their name and saying " Hey I'm riding a HARLEY ! " brings in customers and justifies the sales price. With a Motus Streetfighter bike on cue for 2019 here is H-D's chance to skip their way to the front of the M/C pack - buy Motus for less than the development costs, install traction control and anti-skid, put their name on it and slide them into their dealer network, rear couch seat optional. Yea, yea, I know - they tried that with Buell - but it's was a different animal, hard to compete, slim market share and the same could be said for the Motus. BUT - this is the real deal, a true world class U.S. made engine and bike, and it's already developed and proven. Plus H-D needs a new "double V twin" (V4) top end engine and a Streetfighter. Just saying - why look a gift horse in the mouth ? :blahblah: :D

·
Asatruar
2,938 Posts
That...... actually sort of makes sense.

Huh.

R.
But it's still unlikely to happen.

And if it occurred, I don't foresee H-D dealers treating it any better than they did Buell or the VRSC line.

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
If H-D had its act together they would have already done what those Motus boys did - they could have followed literally in their footsteps to design that engine with the "Double V Twin" thought pattern. Also have all the old school dealers sold to younger folks yet so H-D can move on without old the school baggage of " I don't like V Rods, Modern engines or Change " mentality ? They should like and welcome ANYTHING that helps them out with future sales -so here's a gift horse looking them in the mouth, U.S. based and probably for sale soon. I hope all the old school guys go out for a three Martini lunch and the forward vision new school thinking folks buy Motus before they get back !

·
Banned
5,281 Posts
It's not really a V Rod though is it.That's all that's missing from HD's lineup.They have pushrods coming out their rectum and are trying to move on from that style of thing.The sixties are over.

·
Departed the Fix.
5,160 Posts

·
Horsepower Whisperer
724 Posts

·
Banned
5,281 Posts
Wouldn't buy one now,what if some critical part carks it,big bucks and headaches to fix.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts