Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

just seen this video on youtube and was wondering if this a common thing to do to stop the strenght of the wind on motorways/highway by putting you feet on the rear pegs?

Thanks

Mark

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
I have a messed up Left knee, I often throw it on the rear peg, more for comfort reasons on long rides. I didd it with my right leg, but the turbo pipe does not favor it. Anyone know what helmet that guy is riding with?

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
I would not want to be riding behind him for long!
Rear peg use is to cut down on catching the wind by leaning into it, just like a crutch rocket!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do it on long rides, but for comfort not wind.
i have short legs and when doing 70mph i have to force....well not force just make sure my feet are snuggley on the pegs n push down so my feel dont come off. so maybe this maybe my solution or streach my legs hmmmm

·
Flat Broke
283 Posts
I am 6'3" and use mine on long rides. Is very comfortable and with lean in reduces wind a lot.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
just be careful when making a tight turn if the road has a pronounced crown. That's how I ripped the front sole off my boot!

·
Registered
727 Posts
I never tried that I just stick my feet over the front pegs and rest my calfs on them. Its pretty comfortable can stretch just about all I want to and still control the bike good even on mild twisties.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
I started using the rear pegs after my 1st long highway ride in 2002. Racing around with 1000 cc sportbikes while adverging 120 mph for 10-15 miles gets the "V" lot of respect and using the rear pegs is a must. Also on a 16 hr run from Chicago to Boston I put one foot on the front and rear to ease stiffness and move from front to rear at random for comfort.

At frist it didn't seem safe but after a while it became second nature and I felt in complete control.

I also ride a 1098 Duc and would never take it on a long trip stuck in the same position. It gets more than respect on short highway runs with other sportbikes but tends to scare me a lot more than the "V"

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I never tried that I just stick my feet over the front pegs and rest my calfs on them. Its pretty comfortable can stretch just about all I want to and still control the bike good even on mild twisties.
wish i could stick my feet over them, can just a say reach lol. might have to try this (rear pegs) once the snow has gone and the levers n pegs are back on.

·
Muscle Man
868 Posts
I am 6'3" and use mine on long rides. Is very comfortable and with lean in reduces wind a lot.
I started using the rear pegs on the way home from L.V. NV., cuts down on wind (normally deflecting up from off the front off my lower legs) and if I lay forward on the airbox, even more slippery. only way I could ride that long was changing from front to rear and back again to mix it up. I also am 6'3"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts