Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok all I am in the market for a nice lift for my garage so I can do work on my projects in the winter and not make a huge mess, I currently just jack up the bike and place it on 6 inch blocks but it is beginning to be a pain so I am now looking for a nice lift. Do any of you have nice full on lift and not just stands that you could recommend I look at? I have been looking at web sites like harborfriehgt and the likes but nothing has really stuck out to me so I am wondering if you all can give your recommendations and opinions (yikes I asked for your opinions....could be trouble) and help me out a little.

thanks all

Malac

·
Scott
492 Posts
Best $79.99 Sears Craftsman 1,500 lbs MAX Motorcycle/ATV Lift money I ever spent.

·
Ricky Love MooreHead
1,440 Posts
Craftsman has never failed me yet!!!!!

·
Premium Member
Pan American Son of VROD :-)
1,089 Posts
Get the yellow Craftsman. It's lower profile than the red one and will fit under most lowered bikes. Works great and easy to use.

·
Greg
604 Posts
Yellow Craftsman. Works great and can often be found on sale for $139.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I have the red $80 steel Craftsman MC/ATV jack which works fine for my limited use, but one of the reasons I don't go for a better more expensive "ride on" lift is I don't know how to use it. How do you take a rear or front tire off when they are on the lift? What raises the bike up enough to clear the table of the lift?

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
MurphysLaw said:
I have the red $80 steel Craftsman MC/ATV jack which works fine for my limited use, but one of the reasons I don't go for a better more expensive "ride on" lift is I don't know how to use it. How do you take a rear or front tire off when they are on the lift? What raises the bike up enough to clear the table of the lift?

To remove the wheels you would use a scissor jack under the center of the bike to raise the front or rear.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Thanks Mike. So I would need a jack for my jack? :laugh:

·
Burn Baby Burn!!
700 Posts
devlpr said:
Best $79.99 Sears Craftsman 1,500 lbs MAX Motorcycle/ATV Lift money I ever spent.
My girlfriend, God bless her, found me one of the Sears for $59 for Fathers day. Excellent jack for the money IMHO.

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
LiquidSilver said:
Get the yellow Craftsman. It's lower profile than the red one and will fit under most lowered bikes. Works great and easy to use.
:them:

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
i use a atv style jack and it works good.. but after using a real scissor lift like the others ones posted I would love to have another.

·
Skunked 2003 VRSCA
92 Posts
I use the red craftsman atv/motorcycle jack. It just barely fits under my stock-height 03A. I decided on the red one over the yellow because I like the idea of steel better than aluminum.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
I do enough bike work that I got one of these in black. http://www.pantherlifts.com

of course I was lucky that the warehouse is 50 miles from me but the home office is in CA so I could pick it up local without shipping and still got no tax. :)

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts